Thick question

Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thick question

Sorry if this sounds a really thick question - but I honestly cant work this out

You have to be in Oz 2yrs to apply for C-ship, you go home after one year. When you leave you fill out a form at the airport and it says something like " are you going for a holiday or do you plan to leave Oz permently?" I ticked the "holiday" one, and Im sure (but here is where i might be wrong) my passport wasnt stamped. So, if i went back for a holiday to Oz, 2 yrs later, how do they know I didnt come back to Oz, say after a 3 week holiday, have been in Oz all that time and apply for C-Ship? How does antone know what country you're in?

I was thinking about this as in Europe, my passport is never stamped. So when foreigners come into the UK, and come and go, how does the UK know they have actually "lived" in the UK before giving C-ship?

Just curious, really

Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thick question

Originally Posted by chance to be
Sorry if this sounds a really thick question - but I honestly cant work this out

You have to be in Oz 2yrs to apply for C-ship, you go home after one year. When you leave you fill out a form at the airport and it says something like " are you going for a holiday or do you plan to leave Oz permently?" I ticked the "holiday" one, and Im sure (but here is where i might be wrong) my passport wasnt stamped. So, if i went back for a holiday to Oz, 2 yrs later, how do they know I didnt come back to Oz, say after a 3 week holiday, have been in Oz all that time and apply for C-Ship? How does antone know what country you're in?

I was thinking about this as in Europe, my passport is never stamped. So when foreigners come into the UK, and come and go, how does the UK know they have actually "lived" in the UK before giving C-ship?

Just curious, really

Thanks
Machine readable passport maybe?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:59 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

So, if i went back for a holiday to Oz, 2 yrs later, how do they know I didnt come back to Oz, say after a 3 week holiday, have been in Oz all that time and apply for C-Ship?
Australia records the inward and outward movement of everyone, including Australian citizens. These records go back a long way.

So when you apply for Australian citizenship you usually don't have to provide evidence of where you have been living. (unless you arrived a long time ago). They already know just by looking up your passport/visa details.

They have to prove they have been resident in the U.K. (passport details, school/employment/tax records etc).
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:15 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Just curious, really

Thanks
Yes thats the BIG difference between Australia and the UK. Australia records electronically people who come and go and thereby have some control on who is in Australia. The UK has NO such recording of who comes and goes and thereby has no control of who is in the UK. No wonders the UK is going to the dogs :curse:
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:23 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Yes thats the BIG difference between Australia and the UK. Australia records electronically people who come and go and thereby have some control on who is in Australia. The UK has NO such recording of who comes and goes and thereby has no control of who is in the UK. No wonders the UK is going to the dogs :curse:
when I went to the UK earlier this year my passport was scanned through the barcode reader. they may not stamp passports but from what I could see, all passports (British ones anyway) went through this scanner.