Tele

Old Sep 2nd 2014, 11:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Originally Posted by Bob
So Homeland, is coming back for a 4th series? Anyone still watching that?
Nope...I would start watching it again if they killed Claire Danes character off. She is so annoying and her character is implausible.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 12:49 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Nope...I would start watching it again if they killed Claire Danes character off. She is so annoying and her character is implausible.
With Damien whats-his-face gone, it is hard to see where they can go.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 1:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hand of God, another one of those Amazon Prime pilots.

This was just all manner of weird. Basically a judge, his son tries to commit suicide after watching his wife being raped. Then he starts "hearing" from god and a lot of weird stuff happens.

It's better than the last pilot we saw, but I can't see how they can run a whole series out of this but they did end it on a bit of a teaser.

Lot of recognisable faces in this and unfortunately, some manky sex too, which would put you off your dinner.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 1:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Red Oaks

Another Amazon pilot....supposedly a comedy, but not all that funny. It's not entirely terrible, mostly because of the boobs and terrible 80's hairdo's, but that's it.

Basically it's a cheesy 80's style coming of age type show. Kid gets a job at a country club over the summer before college...has all the cheesy stereotype characters.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Watched The After (Amazon Pilot)...I liked it.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 10:16 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

The Quest-corny guilty pleasure.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 2:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Z Nation

Anyone catch the new zombie series on Syfi? I've got it lined up just because it's a zombie show but it doesn't sound that great. Got lots of faces from various tele shows that are recognisable but I can't name anyone.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 4:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bob
Z Nation

Anyone catch the new zombie series on Syfi? I've got it lined up just because it's a zombie show but it doesn't sound that great. Got lots of faces from various tele shows that are recognisable but I can't name anyone.
And as dumb as it was....I ended up enjoying it.

Quite the action show in the end. Basically about a bunch of soldiers trying to protect a scientist who might have a cure and getting folks to a lab, whilst trying to survive.

Lots of grim deaths and bodies and a good build up to some character back stories.

Worth a punt if you're into the genre.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 11:02 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

The Roosevelts on PBS. Tonight is the last episode, (they're 2 hours long) and it's been interesting and educational. FDR REALLY was a master politician. He did the best he could to get the country into WWII sooner and this would educate some who make snide comments about late to the party...........

Still unanswered why he married Eleanor? He couldn't have known at the time how useful she would be after he was stricken with polio and had resumed his political career.

Teddy still more of an aristocratic "everyman."
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Anyone catch Madam Secretary?

We've got that lined up to see, just got to catch up on a couple other shows first.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 12:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Gotham

Not entirely sure how I felt about this. Basically childhood of Batman, but in the modern day.

Was introduced to a bunch of bent cops and the Penguin.

Forever - Another show I've got lined up but not seen, about a person who is immortal and works on solving crimes to find out why. Sounds very cheesy.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 1:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Gotham

Not entirely sure how I felt about this. Basically childhood of Batman, but in the modern day.

Was introduced to a bunch of bent cops and the Penguin.

Forever - Another show I've got lined up but not seen, about a person who is immortal and works on solving crimes to find out why. Sounds very cheesy.
And Catwoman. .

So many new shows and new series of old ones to watch. My daughter and SIL have a good plan when it comes to new TV series. They record them but don't watch them for about 2 months...by then they probably know which ones are cancelled and don't waste time watching them.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 5:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Chicago Fire, Marvel Agents of Shield, The Blacklist, Person of Interest - All back for new series...certainly a glut.

Scorpion, that was fun if a little silly. Basically a bunch of uber smart people get together as a bit of a think tank for the government. It's a bit like Numbers but with bigger geeks.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 2:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Chicago Fire and Chicago PD weren't to bad, little bit of a slow start considering the ending to the last series in both shows.

Saving Hope, Blue Bloods, Hawaii 5-0, are back again for a mini/full series this time but not had the chance to catch it yet.

Madam Secretary, quite liked this. Little slow but quite amusing in parts. Seems slightly unbelievable how she gets the job, but they certainly set the root for a interesting back story in the first episode.

Forever, it really is quite cheesy but it's quite fun. It's basically just another cheesy murder detective type show, on par with Castle, just with the back story that the guy is immortal and that someone knows about it and there's some slight shenanigans about that going on as a back story.

Intruders, it's becoming a bit more interesting with the back story opening up to be a bit more darker than it began, but I really can't handle how bad J.S's accent is.

Person of Interest. I didn't really like the first episode, where the main characters are "hiding", just made things very slow and even more silly than usual, but they're bringing back some other characters.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 4:04 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe it's been two years since I've been on here! :O

Can't say that there's really anything on that I'm watching... Downton Abbey is not as good as it first was, and the ways I watched it are gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.