Tele

Old Aug 12th 2014, 11:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Originally Posted by Bob
The Knick

Hospital drama set in NY 1900...has Clive Owen as the main guy.

It was piloted a month ago or so and was renewed for a second series, both 10 parts.
It's weird and slightly quirky....bit of a slow first episode but it was okay. Not sure how it will pan out.

Owen, ends up in the top job, hospital tells him he can't have his second and say who they want as his assistant which brings about some problems for the time but I don't want to say to much without spoiling things.

Git grim and gory, even if a fair bit is implied.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So The Divide, ended on a corker and after a slow start, became one of our favs this season. Cracking show which ended on a good note if it doesnt' come back but plenty of intrigue and story lines to continue if it comes back. Well worth sticking it.

The Intruders. This is really weird, but quite good, if some what disturbing of a thriller...but John Simm, terrible US accent.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So The Divide, ended on a corker and after a slow start, became one of our favs this season. Cracking show which ended on a good note if it doesnt' come back but plenty of intrigue and story lines to continue if it comes back. Well worth sticking it.

The Intruders. This is really weird, but quite good, if some what disturbing of a thriller...but John Simm, terrible US accent.
Is it The Divide? Looks like a 2+hr film...life after a nuclear warhead hits Manhattan.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

No. It's a 8 part series, about the innocence project, someone is executed who is innocent and someone else that was also accused of the crime that they try and help and it all gets a bit tense from the DA who prosecuted to the upper crust who wanted the thing buried.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
No. It's a 8 part series, about the innocence project, someone is executed who is innocent and someone else that was also accused of the crime that they try and help and it all gets a bit tense from the DA who prosecuted to the upper crust who wanted the thing buried.
OK thanks. I searched on my TV but couldn't find it. Maybe it's not shown in Canadaland.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Oooo, can you tell me how it ended? I stopped watching it after about 4 episodes.
Old Aug 30th 2014, 1:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by toopie28
Oooo, can you tell me how it ended? I stopped watching it after about 4 episodes.
Spoiler:

Guy on death row was executed...his accomplish got out. The DA found out his dad held evidence of the real killer and was being blackmailed to steer the DA down the path.

Found out the rich bloke that new the bird was the one in control and it was his son who was the killer.

Ends up with the killer going on a bender, kills the DA brother/uncle bloke and the birds cop boyfriend. Goes onto attack the bird as she's responsible for finding info on him but the accomplish chap is there, puts the guys gun into his mouth and blows his head off.

Series ends with her dumping the body, the accomplish chap hitching a ride on a truck.

Another story arc was just before this went down, the rich dad bloke was telling her she could make a choice and drop trying to get evidence against his son and then he would provide evidence that her dad who is on death row is innocent.

So it does wrap up nicely, but plenty more intrigue and back story to go down. You really stopped watching it when the pace and intrigue picked up big time
Old Aug 30th 2014, 3:11 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I want to like this, but it just made my head hurt (first episode). I shall have to stick with it for a couple more and see how it goes.

Though, John Simm is terrible in any accent.
Old Aug 31st 2014, 12:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Nutek
I want to like this, but it just made my head hurt (first episode). I shall have to stick with it for a couple more and see how it goes.

Though, John Simm is terrible in any accent.
Aye, we're only just done with the first episode...it's a bit disjointed and creepy, but kind of like it.

J.S wasn't to bad in most things, but this accent...it's a bit like what's his face in Walking Dead...but worse
Old Aug 31st 2014, 12:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Anyone catch any of the Amazon pilots?

We saw Hysteria, last night.

It was shite. Interesting idea, a bit The Ring about it, in people having fits rather than dying, all after some kids go dancing.

It was just very slow paced and the characters were rather dull with a meh script. Looked to have a decent budget and a good collection of recognisable actors though, so hoping the other pilots will be better.

There's a couple more drama/thriller types and a couple comedies. Also a couple half finished, animated shows for kids, which were very roughly done but the kids enjoyed those.
Old Aug 31st 2014, 12:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Tried to watch The Knick...staring Clive Owen...medical drama set in 1900's NYC hospital. Disappointing...in the end I had to give up on it before the first episode ended.

Legends...staring Sean Bean...the jury is still out in this.
Old Aug 31st 2014, 1:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Tried to watch The Knick...staring Clive Owen...medical drama set in 1900's NYC hospital. Disappointing...in the end I had to give up on it before the first episode ended.
I'm in two minds about it. It's okay...but it's a bit grim for the sake of it and some of the characters are a bit dull. The back story is a bit slow to get going after a few episodes. The missus has given up on it but I'll give it a couple more.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 12:46 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to keep track of various season finales on TNT AND the finals on the cooking and DIY competitions.

Ticked off that the "season finale" episode for WDYTYA was Minnie Driver. I like her, BUT it was the same damn episode that they had already showed on WDYTYA in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There aren't any other people and their antcedents we might want to know about????
Old Sep 1st 2014, 6:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Legends...staring Sean Bean...the jury is still out in this.
Just finally got around to watching the first episode. I kind of liked it, but it's a bit slow...could do with hurrying up on the back story. Not sure about the accent either.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 2:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

So Homeland, is coming back for a 4th series? Anyone still watching that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.