Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Superbowl (the non-sport thread)

Superbowl (the non-sport thread)

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:55 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Superbowl (the non-sport thread)

Mini-Weeze Mk1s complaints were as follows:
Oh man, why are there just people playing now? (I'd changed from puppy bowl to Super Bowl)
It's too hard to get the guacamole (I'd bought a 5 layer dip for the occasion)
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

So that was the most expensive stadium ever built. $1.6 billion for 80,000 seats exposed to the elements.
The university of phoenix stadium cost $455 million for 72,000 seats (79,000 capacity with standing). Fully climate controlled with retractable roof and a pitch that moves in and out the stadium.

Am i missing something or did someone get taken to the cleaners? No wonder hot chocolate was $11 a cup.

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Feb 3rd 2014 at 9:43 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:34 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
So that was the most expensive stadium ever built. $1.6 billion for 80,000 seats exposed to the elements.
The university of phoenix stadium $455 million for 72,000 seats (79,000 capacity with standing). Fully climate controlled with retractable roof and a pitch that moves in and out the stadium.

Am i missing something or did someone get taken to the cleaners? No wonder hot chocolate was $11 a cup.
There's something like five years between the two constructions, so that would make a difference in cost. And of course, when you're building in the swamps of Jersey . . . Actually, I love outdoor football -- I'd much rather have a game out in the elements.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
There's something like five years between the two constructions, so that would make a difference in cost. And of course, when you're building in the swamps of Jersey . . . Actually, I love outdoor football -- I'd much rather have a game out in the elements.
Well $455 would be $527 in 2014 dollars but metlife was built back in 2010.

I love the outdoors but not sure about spending hours sat out in 115 degree heat watching the game I love the way the Arizona football and baseball stadiums are climate controlled and features like have retractable roofs and the baseball stadium huge windows that twist open depending on the temperature. Its quite an experience at the baseball stadium when the roof is open and the only Boeing 747 that uses the Phoenix airport, the PHX to LHR flight goes over very low.

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Feb 3rd 2014 at 9:43 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:47 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
Well $455 would be $527 in 2014 dollars but metlife was built back in 2010.

I love the outdoors but not sure about spending hours sat out in 115 degree heat watching the game I love the way the Arizona football and baseball stadiums have retractable roofs and the baseball stadium huge windows that twist open depending on the temperature. Its quite an experience at the baseball stadium when the roof is open and the only Boeing 747 that uses the Phoenix airport, the PHX to LHR flight goes over very low.
I agree completely about the necessity for climate control in Arizona, but you were commenting about the NJ stadium, where the scenario for the football games is cold, not heat. If you want the experience of planes flying low over the top of the stadium, try Citifield (and its predecessor, Shea) in NYC, right on the flight path for LaGuardia!
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:53 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I watched too much Sopranos to have any doubt why the differential in costs.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

That Coke add was such utter tripe. They really layed it on thick with the tolerance on a sleeve.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 1:09 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
That Coke add was such utter tripe. They really layed it on thick with the tolerance on a sleeve.
Funny, I never even saw tolerance in it at all. Nada
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Funny, I never even saw tolerance in it at all. Nada
The whole thing with having different ethnicities sing the song in their language.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 10:05 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
The whole thing with having different ethnicities sing the song in their language.
I saw diversity, I did not see tolerance. Well I think they are different. I thought the advert was aimed at the people of diversity. If it was tolerance, it would be aimed just at the mainstream. Again just the way I saw it.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I saw diversity, I did not see tolerance. Well I think they are different. I thought the advert was aimed at the people of diversity. If it was tolerance, it would be aimed just at the mainstream. Again just the way I saw it.
Well the media's take on diversity goes hand in hand with tolerance for all cultures.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 11:21 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

First gay marriage and now horses and dogs falling in love. Where will it end? Foxnews tried to warn us.