Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

Old Aug 20th 2010, 2:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The summer weather thread..F...its Hot!!

Originally Posted by cindyabs
We're into our 99th day (okay well, it seems like it) of 108 or so heat index.

Ditto....hibernation is well under way for the weekend.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

We're into our 99th day (okay well, it seems like it) of 108 or so heat index.
It really sucks huh, although it does cut down on laundry
Old Aug 21st 2010, 11:57 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Had a helluva storm last night, a real Son et lumière deal, power faltered three times but we didn't lose it. We did lose cable/internet though.

The dogs were less than impressed-one on the couch beside me, the other at my feet. My main concern was that the lightning was hitting very close and we have a heavily treed lot with some ( I wish it were none) of those monster pine trees within 10 feet of the house
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Phoenix, it's still hitting 100+ most days, and as the long-term residents say, "it's time for it to be over". It will be soon ... we'll be having those 70 degree days all the way through Thanksgiving ...

Just yesterday, it was 105, but quite bearable - humidity was around 15%. Today, everyone complained that it was 'awful' - but it was only 95 ... but humidity was about 35% and storm clouds were on the horizon. Tonight, it feels awfully muggy - yet the temperature is down to 76. Humidity is, however, up to 85% and the storm is so close you can 'feel it'. I'd seriously prefer 105 and 15% humidity to 75 degrees and 85% humidity!

Last week I was in San Francisco - 80 degrees and perfect ... oh how I miss the Bay Area this time of the year!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 1:36 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It's been teasing us here, a few days over the weekend it got down into the mid 60s and was quite bloody nice, then Monday it was up again, and yesterday went mental getting all hot and then dumping a crapload of rain on us (with a pretty impressive thunderstorm though.)

Then I see on the news it is supposed to be 88 tomorrow :O

I miss the weather in NI . Yeah it rained all the time but at least it never got this hot in September. Bloody ruining my favourite season!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 7:25 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It's been teasing us here, a few days over the weekend it got down into the mid 60s and was quite bloody nice, then Monday it was up again, and yesterday went mental getting all hot and then dumping a crapload of rain on us (with a pretty impressive thunderstorm though.)

Then I see on the news it is supposed to be 88 tomorrow :O

I miss the weather in NI . Yeah it rained all the time but at least it never got this hot in September. Bloody ruining my favourite season!
Those storms were really localized when they got in to the area.

It was dark here and we got one big burst of wind and I could see the Thunder and Lightning north and south of me but nothing over head!

And yeah the heat is a bugger, yesterday morning I was sweating while lifting some turf up and this morning doing the same job it was nice and cool but tomorrow's high could be 90
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 7:37 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Those storms were really localized when they got in to the area.

It was dark here and we got one big burst of wind and I could see the Thunder and Lightning north and south of me but nothing over head!

And yeah the heat is a bugger, yesterday morning I was sweating while lifting some turf up and this morning doing the same job it was nice and cool but tomorrow's high could be 90
Oh, up by me (albeit 59 miles out of the city) the thunder was overhead. Was in the kitchen getting dinner ready and a flash went off, looked like it was right in our driveway . The son loved it, but our baby wasn't so enthused when he opened the back blinds to watch the show!

Of course it will be 90 tomorrow, I have footy practice with my son's team. Always the way, and the bloody mosquitos will be out in force as well. Still, I remember October 2008 when it got up to the mid 90s, and we went straight from summer to snow. Hopefully we actually have an autumn this year!

Last edited by SultanOfSwing; Sep 22nd 2010 at 7:38 pm. Reason: typo
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:16 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea whats going on in CA!....Just drove back from LA and was in San Diego yesterday, it goes from flippen sweating my butt off to an extra blanket on my bed last night in Irvine ...Oh and it rained driving through LA this morning!!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I have no idea whats going on in CA!....Just drove back from LA and was in San Diego yesterday, it goes from flippen sweating my butt off to an extra blanket on my bed last night in Irvine ...Oh and it rained driving through LA this morning!!
Yep, sweating now, window open all night then 4am shut the windows turn on the heat, then 7am boiling, heat off, 2pm freezing heat back on, 5pm boiling, heat off, etc, etc, its crazy!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:38 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
Yep, sweating now, window open all night then 4am shut the windows turn on the heat, then 7am boiling, heat off, 2pm freezing heat back on, 5pm boiling, heat off, etc, etc, its crazy!
Thanks the lord its not just me lol..I thought it was the menopause playing up
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Stuff menopause I blame El Nino!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by traceym
Stuff menopause I blame El Nino!
El Nino is that a new man!!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
El Nino is that a new man!!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:34 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Still hitting 90 and it's the First Day of Fall.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Still hitting 90 and it's the First Day of Fall.

Ditto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.