Suicide !!

Old Mar 4th 2011, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide !!

Thank you all for your comments ,

We had a memorial for my friend about a week ago. A sad, and wonderful time was had by all !

Whilst I am still at a loss to understand why he went this way, I accept his decision, and I somewhat admire his courage to take charge of his life/death.

( I wish he'd left a note though ! ).

I really appreciate your support, it helped me get through this.....

Some of the personal stories were heart wrenching and really put things in perspective.

Thanks Again
Old Mar 4th 2011, 4:37 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat
Thank you all for your comments ,

We had a memorial for my friend about a week ago. A sad, and wonderful time was had by all !

Whilst I am still at a loss to understand why he went this way, I accept his decision, and I somewhat admire his courage to take charge of his life/death.

( I wish he'd left a note though ! ).

I really appreciate your support, it helped me get through this.....

Some of the personal stories were heart wrenching and really put things in perspective.

Thanks Again
It may seem paradoxical on the face of it, but tragedies of this sort can really give you inner strength if you are able to look beyond the superficialities. Use it as a mirror, and take what learning you can.

Although it was not suicide like my father's, my mother also died when I was young (27), but that also gave me strength, despite the loss*.

Facing up to, and weathering losses and setbacks of this sort teaches you poise, stability and perspective like nothing else I have ever come across.

Nettie

* Of course, now I am coming to grips with being in my fifties (51 in three weeks) the plaint of "both my parents are dead no longer cuts any ice until I point out that they both cashed in before I was 30, but is feeling more and more tacky to point out )

Last edited by nettlebed; Mar 4th 2011 at 4:39 am. Reason: Removing distracting comma
Old Mar 4th 2011, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
It may seem paradoxical on the face of it, but tragedies of this sort can really give you inner strength if you are able to look beyond the superficialities. Use it as a mirror, and take what learning you can.

Although it was not suicide like my father's, my mother also died when I was young (27), but that also gave me strength, despite the loss*.

Facing up to, and weathering losses and setbacks of this sort teaches you poise, stability and perspective like nothing else I have ever come across.

Nettie

* Of course, now I am coming to grips with being in my fifties (51 in three weeks) the plaint of "both my parents are dead no longer cuts any ice until I point out that they both cashed in before I was 30, but is feeling more and more tacky to point out )
Thank you, I have thought about this a great deal, I have actually felt my life changing because of my friends suicide.

I have tried to put myself in his position, a fruitless endeavour as I am sure you will understand.

Now I am coming to terms with it, suicide puts a lot of things in perspective,
I am certainly learning to keep my remaining friends a bit closer.