sue uscis

Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

boo42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sue uscis

Has any body sued uscis on a case like I-130 has taken more than 2 years
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sue uscis

Originally Posted by boo42
Your country of origin is ????????
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What stage are you at now?

Rene
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

still at csc
case under name check
it passed that 120 days they asked for
we filed i-129f too and it passed more than 140 days on it and no approval
it seems they hold it too untill name check done with i-130
we are thinking to sue them
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

we are thinking to sue them
Go ahead... sue them... unless you think that there might be some retaliation in the form of a denied petition. It's up to you though.

I find it interesting that every time someone asks you where you're from, you do *not* respond. What are you hiding?

Ian
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:49 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Go ahead... sue them... unless you think that there might be some retaliation in the form of a denied petition. It's up to you though.

I find it interesting that every time someone asks you where you're from, you do *not* respond. What are you hiding?

Ian
Or even the basis of the application ...
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

you think they will be mad and deny the case
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:54 pm
Ray

Until you start to tell us your situation in total ..
suggestion will be difficult ..
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Would you like to be sued? Would you be mad?

Ian
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

we filed the petition i-130 more than 2 years ago and they told us that it will tale up to 999 days so we call all time and they tell us the case still pending ,
about 130 days ago they told us that the case under name chech allow 120 days so we did and we called them and they confuse us no straight answer
more than 140 days ago we filed for i-129f and no approval
we have a lawyer and he told us may be they hold i-129f because of i-130 name check,and advised us to sue them so they make a decision on our case
i just want to ask here if any advise
thank you
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

we have a lawyer and he told us may be they hold i-129f because of i-130 name check,and advised us to sue them so they make a decision on our case
The lawyer is *not* advising you to sue them. He is advising you to file a "Writ of Mandamus". The writ forces them to make a decision. A recent memo from USCIS indicates that they will *not* honor any writs that result from the background check taking a long time. Your lawyer should know this. If he doesn't, I suggest you get a new lawyer... because yours is an idiot.

Ian
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

what we have to do
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:13 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

A recent memo from USCIS indicates that they will *not* honor any writs that result from the background check taking a long time. Your lawyer should know this. If he doesn't, I suggest you get a new lawyer... because yours is an idiot.
Disagree!

See: http://www.ailf.org/lac/clearinghouse_mandamus.shtml
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The lawyer is *not* advising you to sue them. He is advising you to file a "Writ of Mandamus". The writ forces them to make a decision. A recent memo from USCIS indicates that they will *not* honor any writs that result from the background check taking a long time. Your lawyer should know this. If he doesn't, I suggest you get a new lawyer... because yours is an idiot.

Ian

I agree with Ian. Thought that filing a writ against the USCIS for backlog on FBI name clearance was now prohibited.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit

The link was last updated on May 21, 2007. I believe the change was around that time.

Sorry further research showed the change to be in February, 2007

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...it+of+Mandamus

Last edited by Rete; Jul 17th 2007 at 2:48 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.