Success!

Old May 6th 2013, 11:16 am
Just Joined

NYC_bound is a jewel in the roughNYC_bound is a jewel in the roughNYC_bound is a jewel in the roughNYC_bound is a jewel in the roughNYC_bound is a jewel in the rough
Smile Success!

After spending the past few months worrying over the L-1A visa process, I finally had my application approved at the US Embassy in London last week. My flight to NYC is now booked and I fly out in a couple of weeks.

A massive thank you to everyone here who has provided helpful info and advice.

For those about to embark on the process... don't work yourself up by reading the horror stories like I did! It's obviously important to be prepared, but if your petitioning employer and the internal/external lawyers are calm, you probably should be too! The interview questions were a doddle - How long have you worked for your employer? Where will you be based? What will you be doing? Within a couple of hours my visa was approved.

Since then, I've found an apartment through a Company-recommended broker and with a friend who's already in town. Although eye-wateringly expensive, even that wasn't as hideous a process as I expected. I'm sure there will be highs and lows along the way, but I'm now really excited.

Very, very best of luck to everyone looking to make the move!
Old May 6th 2013, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Success!

Congratulations and welcome to the Big Apple!
Old May 6th 2013, 9:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Success!

Congratulations! You have found, as most others do, with proper preparation, the process is not actually difficult, just time consuming and irritating.