Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Stuff not allowed into the US.

Stuff not allowed into the US.

Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:04 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stuff not allowed into the US.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I asked you not to tell anyone.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked you not to tell anyone.
didn't know you'd been to houston
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Don't believe anyone who tells you that Vegemite and/or Marmite are banned because of folate concerns!! Its a hoax.
Quite right. They fall under the Chemical Weapons treaty.
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
Dan, where in Norfolk do you come from?
actually its quite funny at airports. I am a people watcher anyway. Sit there with my oversized handbag and my knitting watching peeps. See the people going on holiday, they are the ones in the brand new trainers and track suit just purchased for the "trip" and dont u dare by christ wear it before the "day". Buying the mags, the best sellers, the bottle of water. Then there are the other travellers. The expats - They are the ones putting all their "change" together, the pound coins, the copper, the notes that aint worth changing over and having a debate what they are going to buy in the duty free or the convenience store that they need to have a "last fling" on. Some will buy the Sun newspaper just to show the neighbours that YES WE DO HAVE TOPLESS WOMEN in our dailys. And then there are those that will buy mr kiplings apple pies, dandilion and burdock pop, or sherbert dip dabs, frys chococlate cream. Cadburies orange, imperial mints, choco buscuits, sod it any buscuits. Battenburg, kid whining in the background wanting the new nintendo game - Sod the nintendo this is important LAST MINUTE SHOPPING!!! more important things than bloody playstation and nintendo i dont care how long the trip is, TAKE A PILL AND GO TO SLEEP now where were those kipplings again. Reading this u know what i have a craving for peas pudding !! Black pudding!! I must be having withdrawal symptoms, I HATED PEAS PUDDING but what i would give for some now.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
didn't know you'd been to houston
Yep...not out of the airport though. We had to collect our luggage and go through customs and immigration.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:11 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
actually its quite funny at airports. I am a people watcher anyway. Sit there with my oversized handbag and my knitting watching peeps. See the people going on holiday, they are the ones in the brand new trainers and track suit just purchased for the "trip" and dont u dare by christ wear it before the "day". Buying the mags, the best sellers, the bottle of water. Then there are the other travellers. The expats - They are the ones putting all their "change" together, the pound coins, the copper, the notes that aint worth changing over and having a debate what they are going to buy in the duty free or the convenience store that they need to have a "last fling" on. Some will buy the Sun newspaper just to show the neighbours that YES WE DO HAVE TOPLESS WOMEN in our dailys. And then there are those that will buy mr kiplings apple pies, dandilion and burdock pop, or sherbert dip dabs, frys chococlate cream. Cadburies orange, imperial mints, choco buscuits, sod it any buscuits. Battenburg, kid whining in the background wanting the new nintendo game - Sod the nintendo this is important LAST MINUTE SHOPPING!!! more important things than bloody playstation and nintendo i dont care how long the trip is, TAKE A PILL AND GO TO SLEEP now where were those kipplings again. Reading this u know what i have a craving for peas pudding !! Black pudding!! I must be having withdrawal symptoms, I HATED PEAS PUDDING but what i would give for some now.
does it really have peas in it?
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

Yep...not out of the airport though. We had to collect our luggage and go through customs and immigration.

haha i'll let you off...looking at your pix though you must have lost tons of weight and had a sex change coz this old boy hubs and i saw was scoffing his goodies to beat the band...lots of us just standing laughing
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

does it really have peas in it?
if it doesn't what the hell have I BEEN EATING ?
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:16 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - just looked up the recipie - WOW, am amazed!!! Never ever had this, might just give it a try.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

dunno ...i've never eaten it.... the name always has put me off
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
For starters: No Fresh Fruit or Vegetables can be brought in. Nothing with Beef in it can be brought in. .
Its any meat or meat product ..or comtaining any meat ...
Oxo cubes are banned ....
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
haha i'll let you off...looking at your pix though you must have lost tons of weight and had a sex change coz this old boy hubs and i saw was scoffing his goodies to beat the band...lots of us just standing laughing
In that case it would have been my hubby you saw.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:45 pm
spuggy

spuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Don't believe anyone who tells you that Vegemite and/or Marmite are banned because of folate concerns!! Its a hoax.

Technically Cuban cigars are still on the embargo.
The local brit import shop had a panic buy on his stock of marmite and he was wondering what the heck was going on LOL! He was happy with the sales though.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

OMG - just looked up the recipie - WOW, am amazed!!! Never ever had this, might just give it a try.
some of our distant relatives are from Newcastle. I think they eat it a lot there.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:09 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Its any meat or meat product ..or comtaining any meat ...
Oxo cubes are banned ....
So Bisto Gravy Granules would be banned too??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.