Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Steffi's Neverending Story: The End

Steffi's Neverending Story: The End

Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:10 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Steffi's Neverending Story: The End

I thought it was about time to let my BE friends know that (believe it or not) my corrected Green Card has FINALLY arrived. 265 days, 2 RFE's, 6 passport photos, and lots of frustration later I'm holding my very own correct shiny Green Card. (Faded color photo for those that are wondering! )

Uhmmmm, so yeah! I guess I'm done with USCIS until August 2008! Then it's time for citizenship, yay. Any idea how long that usually takes from applying to becoming a citizen? (I'll make sure to multiply it by 4 for "Steffi luck" sake)

And in personal news: Patrick and I are house hunting. Had one house under contract but terminated that Monday because the seller we were dealing with was crazy and we found another house that we absolutely fell in love with instead...so everyone keep their fingers crossed for us. We're sick of house hunting and just want to move already. *L*
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of
Default Re: Steffi's Neverending Story: The End

Congrats, Steffi!
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:33 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Steffi! You finally have your green card in your hand!! Shame you had such an awful experience. Good luck and enjoy being free of USCIS for a couple of years!! Actually Ray realized you had your corrected green card a short while ago and wrote a thread about it!! Or was I imagining it... Ray??

Maggie

Originally Posted by Steffi
I thought it was about time to let my BE friends know that (believe it or not) my corrected Green Card has FINALLY arrived. 265 days, 2 RFE's, 6 passport photos, and lots of frustration later I'm holding my very own correct shiny Green Card. (Faded color photo for those that are wondering! )

Uhmmmm, so yeah! I guess I'm done with USCIS until August 2008! Then it's time for citizenship, yay. Any idea how long that usually takes from applying to becoming a citizen? (I'll make sure to multiply it by 4 for "Steffi luck" sake)

And in personal news: Patrick and I are house hunting. Had one house under contract but terminated that Monday because the seller we were dealing with was crazy and we found another house that we absolutely fell in love with instead...so everyone keep their fingers crossed for us. We're sick of house hunting and just want to move already. *L*
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:54 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Maggs
Actually Ray realized you had your corrected green card a short while ago and wrote a thread about it!!
Haha, found it!

Yeah, I actually got it last week but have been kinda busy at work and haven't had a chance to stop by to let everyone know. Definitely had no hope in actually getting it. I thought I was gonna raise all kinds of hell in December, but thankfully I actually got it before then.

Still amuses me that some people get their initial approval quicker than me my replacement.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:57 pm
it ain't ez bein cheezy

cheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to all

Congrats, I have been following your goofed GC posts, and couldn't believe it. I am sure you have got to be very relieved.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 8:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Steffi!!! Woo hooo! Your luck is changing. Hope you get the house you want, too!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 30th 2006, 8:45 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear the good news!
Old Aug 30th 2006, 8:58 pm
Kat

Congrates Steffi
I am super happy for you I know it has being a long time waiting. Have
a few drinks on me to celebrate.....Hopefully soon I will be
celebrating the arrival of my card an dont have to wait aslong as you
have.
Best wishes
Kat
Steffi wrote:
    > I thought it was about time to let my BE friends know that (believe it
    > or not) my corrected Green Card has FINALLY arrived. 265 days, 2 RFE's,
    > 6 passport photos, and lots of frustration later I'm holding my very own
    > correct shiny Green Card. :D (Faded color photo for those that are
    > wondering! :p)
    > Uhmmmm, so yeah! I guess I'm done with USCIS until August 2008! Then
    > it's time for citizenship, yay. Any idea how long that usually takes
    > from applying to becoming a citizen? (I'll make sure to multiply it by 4
    > for "Steffi luck" sake)
    > And in personal news: Patrick and I are house hunting. Had one house
    > under contract but terminated that Monday because the seller we were
    > dealing with was crazy and we found another house that we absolutely
    > fell in love with instead...so everyone keep their fingers crossed for
    > us. We're sick of house hunting and just want to move already. *L*
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:24 pm
Capt. Tuttle

Steffi wrote:
    > I thought it was about time to let my BE friends know that (believe it
    > or not) my corrected Green Card has FINALLY arrived. 265 days, 2 RFE's,
    > 6 passport photos, and lots of frustration later I'm holding my very own
    > correct shiny Green Card. :D (Faded color photo for those that are
    > wondering! :p)
    >
    > Uhmmmm, so yeah! I guess I'm done with USCIS until August 2008! Then
    > it's time for citizenship, yay. Any idea how long that usually takes
    > from applying to becoming a citizen? (I'll make sure to multiply it by 4
    > for "Steffi luck" sake)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And in personal news: Patrick and I are house hunting. Had one house
    > under contract but terminated that Monday because the seller we were
    > dealing with was crazy and we found another house that we absolutely
    > fell in love with instead...so everyone keep their fingers crossed for
    > us. We're sick of house hunting and just want to move already. *L*
    >

I've been wondering about you. My wife got her corrected card recently
too after a bit of a battle not unlike yours.
If you are half as happy as my wife it will take until 2008 to get the
smile off your face!!
I'm so glad to read this good news about your battle.

Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:36 pm
K1 via London

Thank you everyone! I am indeed thrilled. That just took way longer than it should have, hehe. But I'm glad that's done and over with.

I have yet to do the celebrating. We had hoped to have a double celebration with my GC arriving in the mail and the house deal being done...but with that one deal falling through we never actually got to celebrate! So I'll have to do that for sure.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone! I am indeed thrilled. That just took way longer than it should have, hehe. But I'm glad that's done and over with.

I have yet to do the celebrating. We had hoped to have a double celebration with my GC arriving in the mail and the house deal being done...but with that one deal falling through we never actually got to celebrate! So I'll have to do that for sure.
WooHoooooooo!
I had to go double check why you are IR-1---dang, I forgot how long your AOS took, poor thing.

what a relief to be 'done', even for 10 minutes....
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:13 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I can see it now.....Steffi walk up to the podium ..collects her naturalization certificate ... walk back with pride to her seat ... unwraps the certificate ...
to read.. Welcome to America ...... ... Mr Winston Odogo ..

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Welcome to America ...... ... Mr Winston Odogo ..
That is so nasty!

Ian
Old Sep 1st 2006, 6:30 pm
K1 via London

Originally Posted by meauxna
WooHoooooooo!
I had to go double check why you are IR-1---dang, I forgot how long your AOS took, poor thing.

what a relief to be 'done', even for 10 minutes....
Haha, thanks. Yeah, they sure took their sweet ass time with my file. I still think it's "funny" that they managed to mess up their mess up!!

Originally Posted by Ray
Welcome to America ...... ... Mr Winston Odogo ..
Ohhh great, I can't wait!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hey congrats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.