Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Which State would you live, AK,WA,OR,CA,TX or NM?

Which State would you live, AK,WA,OR,CA,TX or NM?

Old May 17th 2016, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which State would you live, AK,WA,OR,CA,TX or NM?

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Which country should I move to? I'm considering Italy, Slovenia, Denmark, Portugal and the Faroe Islands.
Well while we are throwing out crazy questions, we're going on a 5 day roadtrip next week and need to know where to go, any suggestions? We start from Tx..
Old May 17th 2016, 3:49 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Sugarmooma!!! Come and visit me in Austin! I'll be your first stop.

Pool is lovely, beer is chilled, bbq has gas.
Old May 17th 2016, 3:58 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themadpooper
Threads like these are pretty futile, most on this forum were parachuted into one particular spot for work or their partner's work and have never lived anywhere else in the US. I've been here 10 years and have lived in New York and Florida and now Illinois. Having been to California several times, I'd run like a thoroughbred the other way if that was on offer, just so overrated. Expensive, huge wealth inequality, a lot of snobs, not much of a 24 hour culture compared to the east coast. I'd go Texas out of any of them, amazing weather, good standard of living and low taxes with any half decent job. Great food there as well, proper portions, not like those shitty European style portions you get in California. Good luck
amazing weather? are you off your rocker??? don't answer that, we know the answer

it depends where you're coming from I suppose. Summer is approaching quickly and suddenly paying a small fortune for a new a/c unit upstairs sounds like a brilliant idea. I take the kids to Colorado to escape Tx. That's where I'd go if I could. Fabulous scenery, snow, cool nights in the summer,mountains, rivers. It takes me 2 days to drive there and it's worth it. And I live in Austin which is pretty nice. For Texas.
Old May 17th 2016, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

The Op said: Which State would you live, AK,WA,OR,CA,TX; Anywhere on the west coast within 50 miles from the Ocean. Lived in WA and CA, know OR, first choice Northern CA. That's my choice for what it's worth. Couldn't even imagine living anywhere in the south. I definitely do no like cold weather, no ice no snow.
Old May 18th 2016, 12:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Sugarmooma!!! Come and visit me in Austin! I'll be your first stop.

Pool is lovely, beer is chilled, bbq has gas.
Looking at weather, we are going on the Trike so we are hoping to avoid rain!. If we do head Austin way I'll let you know
Old May 18th 2016, 4:33 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Looking at weather, we are going on the Trike so we are hoping to avoid rain!. If we do head Austin way I'll let you know
Not this trip but perhaps on your next, you can come and visit us in Mississippi. We're only an hour north of the Gulf and 1-1/2 hours east of NO. Will warn you, however, Jim will try to steal your trike. He took his bike down to MS and is looking to convert it.
Old May 18th 2016, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Not this trip but perhaps on your next, you can come and visit us in Mississippi. We're only an hour north of the Gulf and 1-1/2 hours east of NO. Will warn you, however, Jim will try to steal your trike. He took his bike down to MS and is looking to convert it.
Ha! We're hoping to do a few 3-4 day trips throughout the year so we could make it happen!
Old May 18th 2016, 1:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Would love it. Have a guest room with a private bath and plenty of room for the trike. I will be moving there permanently on the 21st of June. So keep that destination in mind.
Old May 18th 2016, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Would love it. Have a guest room with a private bath and plenty of room for the trike. I will be moving there permanently on the 21st of June. So keep that destination in mind.
Old May 19th 2016, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

Which State would you live, AK,WA,OR,CA,TX or NM?-20160422_204745.jpg

We're ready for our trip. Bright lights so we can travel easier in the dark.
Destination right now is Arkansas, we leave on Wednesday!