Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

SSN and EAD both applied for

SSN and EAD both applied for

Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:15 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default SSN and EAD both applied for

Have just spent the morning in the social security office (what fun). Although we were not yet on the system the guy has put all our info through and we dont have to go back, he said we should recieve it in the post in 4-6 weeks.

Have also filled in the form for EAD and hubby is sending that off today.

Thank you all for the advice you gave
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SSN and EAD both applied for

Originally Posted by mellybrown
Have just spent the morning in the social security office (what fun). Although we were not yet on the system the guy has put all our info through and we dont have to go back, he said we should recieve it in the post in 4-6 weeks.

Have also filled in the form for EAD and hubby is sending that off today.

Thank you all for the advice you gave
Tick You can have the afternoon off now
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You GO, melly! woooo!

Where on earth to go today?!
I hope you all (y'alls) will go to the Aquarium there.. everywhere I travel, people rave on about it. It's one of the top reasons we've got to come out your way for a trip!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:39 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Tick You can have the afternoon off now
Thank you

Originally Posted by meauxna
You GO, melly! woooo!

Where on earth to go today?!
I hope you all (y'alls) will go to the Aquarium there.. everywhere I travel, people rave on about it. It's one of the top reasons we've got to come out your way for a trip!
Heh we def want to go to the aquarium!! Its looks ace!!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you all (y'alls) will go to the Aquarium there..
I believe the word you're looking for is "whonchyal"... as in the question: "whonchyal come to the Aquarium?" The "chyal" is a single syllable.

Ian
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you

Heh we def want to go to the aquarium!! Its looks ace!!
Oooh - yeah, thats something to do this weekend, haven't been there yet. Wifes company has discount tickets for them too
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it that social security offices are always so seedy looking? The armed securtity guy at the reception is probably necessary in some locales I bet.
Melly glad to see that you getting about, hubby must have a car now.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:30 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

ack - you put me to shame - ive been here since october and not got round to doing my EAD yet. I have been waiting til we moved house - and then this uk trip came up at short notice - so i will do it when i get back as we are in the new rental now.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:33 pm
Resident Sillycow

Originally Posted by Vimto
Why is it that social security offices are always so seedy looking? The armed securtity guy at the reception is probably necessary in some locales I bet.
yup we got the car last night and he promptly drove it into a fence and ripped open the tire,,,,,,so we are now on car number 2
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vimto
Its the sign on the wall inside that goes something like 'No firearms allowed. Murdering or kidnapping a Social Security Employee is a federal offense...' that scares me...

Hopefully its somewhere where I will never have to go again...
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Car number 2 after less than 1 day, I bet the rental company love him :curse:
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:59 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I believe the word you're looking for is "whonchyal"... as in the question: "whonchyal come to the Aquarium?" The "chyal" is a single syllable.

Ian
<snicker> Thank you, I will have to take it from a local, since I'm just posing anyhow. Do you know how frustrating it is for us Westerners to not have a plural you out here?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:00 am

yup we got the car last night and he promptly drove it into a fence and ripped open the tire,,,,,,so we are now on car number 2

Wrong side of the road problem?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:30 pm
Resident Sillycow

Wrong side of the road problem?
lol kind of - he didnt quite judge the width of the car very well - rental people were like "ooo somebody prob realised u were foreign and slashed the tire......."

we were like ummm ye thats what happened, and they gave us new car no probs