Reload this Page >

Spoons in the garbage disposal

Spoons in the garbage disposal

Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spoons in the garbage disposal

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
That happened to me.....got a metal lid stuck in it.
Got the mangled lid removed, but still made that humming noise.
I tried re-setting the red button.
So I did a quick google and it was a stuck flywheel.

Please make sure that power is OFF at the garbage disposal.

If you have the offset wrench (small L shaped thing) that came with the disposal unit insert it into the flywheel turning hole in the bottom of the disposal.
Turn it clockwise to dislodge the stuck flywheel.
When it dislodges you will feel the flywheel turn freely.
May take a few tries and at first I did it gently but that didn't work so do it firmly.
Hi:

I agree, especially on turning the power off. [Pull the plug, and if hardwired, flip the breaker -- the thing is supposed to be on its own circuit].

I've never used the offset wrench, even though I have its envelope stapled to the side of the cabinet. I've put my hand in and pushed counter-clockwise about 1/8 turn.

A further maintainance thing -- the discharge can coat the drains down stream eventually causing a clog. My plumber person recommended that on the first of each month one should fill up the sink to the top, pull the plug and turn the disposal on until the sink empties. This will flush out the accumulated gunk.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:39 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't any one else TERRIFIED of garbage disposals?

I get freaked out... Won't go near one.

Whiirrrr! Eeek!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme

Whiirrrr! Eeek!
Come over here for a beating, you!

I think you inspired my DH to get an El Camino. I'm not sure exactly how you are directly responsible, but I think he covets your Big American Motor.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:37 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congrats on your Home Repair!
Thanks! Now feel strong and manly. Off now to make fire...
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I think you inspired my DH to get an El Camino. I'm not sure exactly how you are directly responsible, but I think he covets your Big American Motor.
I had a 68 camino for a while in the UK ...
witrh a 350hp motor ..very rapid ...

http://www.elcaminostore.com/classif...gory.php?cat=3
Old Jan 27th 2008, 1:47 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Whiirrrr! Eeek!
Nope, just you.

Next time you call your wife to unclog it for you try this, as she's got her hand down the gaping maw of the metal toothed beast, creep up behind her and yell loudly (or shrilly, as the case may be). You'll be able to check her reaction time. Twice.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Nope, just you.

Next time you call your wife to unclog it for you try this, as she's got her hand down the gaping maw of the metal toothed beast, creep up behind her and yell loudly (or shrilly, as the case may be). You'll be able to check her reaction time. Twice.
PMSL reminds me of when I was up a ladder, cautiously checking out a light fixture.

My rotten evil friend snuck up behind me and loudly went "bzzzzzzzzt".

It's been around 6-7 years, I have vaguely considered forgiving her.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:00 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Whiirrrr! Eeek!
Hi:

I pull the plug which does away with the terror. I also flip the breaker when doing electrical work.

I went to Kaiser the other day for lab work -- I am terrified of needles. You should the see the routine I go through when getting a jab -- I look the other way and describe how terrifying needles are and keep blabbing away until the tech says "Done." And I go "Thank you." They are on to what I am doing. [In Army basic training, I didn't mind the air gun injections although they actually hurt. There was one shot which was by needle and all the troops were in line seeing the swab-jab being done in industrial fashion. Once my LT revived me with smelling salts, he helped me walk by the swab person and then the jab person. I said "Thank you, sir" and he responded "no problem, soldier." That was an officer I would have followed to Hell and back.]
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I pull the plug which does away with the terror. I also flip the breaker when doing electrical work.

I went to Kaiser the other day for lab work -- I am terrified of needles. You should the see the routine I go through when getting a jab -- I look the other way and describe how terrifying needles are and keep blabbing away until the tech says "Done." And I go "Thank you." They are on to what I am doing. [In Army basic training, I didn't mind the air gun injections although they actually hurt. There was one shot which was by needle and all the troops were in line seeing the swab-jab being done in industrial fashion. Once my LT revived me with smelling salts, he helped me walk by the swab person and then the jab person. I said "Thank you, sir" and he responded "no problem, soldier." That was an officer I would have followed to Hell and back.]
I'll join you for the needle phobia. Although, I can stand a blood draw (barely), but not an injection. Everyone is instructed that should I ever be knocked unconscious, before I am revived the hospital is to be instructed to vaccinate me with everything they can think of, since they will never get another chance.

They just shoulda jabbed you THEN revived you!

I like the doctor who said he had overcome his fear of needles - he learned which end of them to be on! I'm for that, finally learned to stick dogs and cats, and that's as close as I get to the horrid pointy things.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:44 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the offset wrench (small L shaped thing) that came with the disposal unit insert it into the flywheel turning hole in the bottom of the disposal.
May take a few tries and at first I did it gently but that didn't work so do it firmly.
Impressed.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:43 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

cant karma you dolly - - i knew id seen this before and it just saved my bacon lol!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:42 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

**shudders**

I been here 5 weeks and still wont go near the thing - I dunno what im supposed to do with it, and Im just imagining losing my arm to it............
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mellybrown
**shudders**

I been here 5 weeks and still wont go near the thing - I dunno what im supposed to do with it, and Im just imagining losing my arm to it............
Instruction # 1:

Don't stick your arm in it.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:25 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Instruction # 1:

Don't stick your arm in it.
I think thats where I was going wrong
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:20 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

im a bit the same. Ive been here 5 or 6 months and the only thing i put down it so far is the sloppy bits of cereal the kids leave in the morning. dont want to tip it in the bin so i swish it in the noisy thing. Dont really know what else im sposed to do with it though so i leave well alone for fear of busting it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.