Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Sorry, need to moan!

Sorry, need to moan!

Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry, need to moan!

Originally Posted by Michael
London toilets don't use suction or syphoning. They just push it down with a fast enough water flow. In your case, either the water flow was possibly too slow or to little or the trapway was not very large.

I think Americans prefer the high water level to help keep the toilet clean unless you are one of those that craps all over the sides of the bowl.Also you can tell if a toilet is a syphon type since they make a loud noise when the syphon breaks at the end of the flush.
OOOeewwww!!!!!

Note to self - Im posting about the difference between UK and US toilet systems - I must get out more!
Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
London toilets
Awww right.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Awww right.
Yep mine was a UK london first floor flat loo
Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Yep mine was a UK london first floor flat loo
A flat loo or a round loo?
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Moaning about a blocked loo..you're lucky! Our bloody septic tank keeps blocking, usually at 10pm on a rainy Sunday. I have to go outside, holding a torch so my OH can open up the drainpipe thingy and unblock the tank using an old bit of wood fencing. Good job our jobbies smell like perfume...not!!

The very first time this happened it was during the day. I was on my own and noticed a green pipe sticking up from where the tank is located. This pipe was leaking fluid and in my ignorance I unscrewed the end bit thinking this was what one did. I didn't know it was under pressure and when I unscrewed the damn thing I got covered in excrement.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:52 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
Moaning about a blocked loo..you're lucky! Our bloody septic tank keeps blocking, usually at 10pm on a rainy Sunday. I have to go outside, holding a torch so my OH can open up the drainpipe thingy and unblock the tank using an old bit of wood fencing. Good job our jobbies smell like perfume...not!!

The very first time this happened it was during the day. I was on my own and noticed a green pipe sticking up from where the tank is located. This pipe was leaking fluid and in my ignorance I unscrewed the end bit thinking this was what one did. I didn't know it was under pressure and when I unscrewed the damn thing I got covered in excrement.

Funny the two times ours broke was in the night in pouring rain too We ended up needing new pumps, no blocks just burned out pumps. We must produce well.
I've become a dab hand with a plunger since living here, never even seen one irl when I lived in UK. Of course it doesn't help when your toddler keeps flushing toy cars. I'm glad he grew out of that. Now he's a man and produces all the toilet blocking that comes with that.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills

Funny the two times ours broke was in the night in pouring rain too We ended up needing new pumps, no blocks just burned out pumps. We must produce well.
I've become a dab hand with a plunger since living here, never even seen one irl when I lived in UK. Of course it doesn't help when your toddler keeps flushing toy cars. I'm glad he grew out of that. Now he's a man and produces all the toilet blocking that comes with that.
Ours is the old fashioned type which works by gravity, so no pumps (well not that sort anyway) We were told by a neighbour not to put loo paper down it and then it wouldn't block. I asked what they did with the used toilet paper and was told they have a special bin they put it in...YUCK!!

Yes it is odd how men can block a loo isn't it?