Smokey Mountains?

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:25 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Question Smokey Mountains?

As I cant afford time or money to go back to UK for Christmas was wondering about a few days in the Smokey Mountains. Has anyone ever rented a cabin or been to an area they could recommend. Have been looking online but am overwhelmed with all the choice.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:06 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smokey Mountains?

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
As I cant afford time or money to go back to UK for Christmas was wondering about a few days in the Smokey Mountains. Has anyone ever rented a cabin or been to an area they could recommend. Have been looking online but am overwhelmed with all the choice.

There are TONS of places in the area-cabins with fireplaces and jacuzzis and a excellent source of info is in the back of Southern Living Magazine.
Gatlingburg seems to be in the center of it-personally NOT my cup of tea, thought it was very honky tonk touristy 30 years ago, God knows what it's like now. The Smokies themselves are lovely though-good choice.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:11 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass

I've only been there in the summer; it was lovely, though I have no idea what it's like in winter. Stayed in Cherokee, which is a bit touristy, and Boone, which was much nicer. Don't know about cabins - we stayed in motels.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:36 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
There are TONS of places in the area-cabins with fireplaces and jacuzzis and a excellent source of info is in the back of Southern Living Magazine.
Gatlingburg seems to be in the center of it-personally NOT my cup of tea, thought it was very honky tonk touristy 30 years ago, God knows what it's like now. The Smokies themselves are lovely though-good choice.
Pigeon Forge is much worse, it's a country version of Blackpool. :scared:
I thought Gatlinburg was loverly when I was there in July, but like Elvira, have no idea what it would be like in winter.
We stayed in a cabin rental from Eden Crest in Pigeon Forge. The cabin was great, couldn't fault anything with it, though it was a bit pricey. We thought it was worth renting a newer cabin which was nicely decorated. We were only 10 mins from the main highway with the attractions, yet the cabin felt like it was in the middle of nowhere and the scenery is fantastic. So long as you are comfortable driving on steep winding roads with ice or snow, you should be fine.