Smartphones

Old Jul 11th 2015, 1:58 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smartphones

I bought my mum a Moto G and my wife has a Moto X.
Motorola make a really solid phone, and don't mess around with the Android OS too much either.

For a first smartphone especially they are a really good choice.

Be warned, you'll be hooked - within a year you'll be looking to upgrade to something with a bit more 'giddyup' behind it .
Old Jul 11th 2015, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the thing. They are called smart phones, but they aren't. They are now pocket computers that just so happen to have phone capability. I hardly use the phone function at all. Got lost? Use the GPS (ease is the best app out at the minute just for its brilliant police speed trap warnings). Need to take a snap? Use the more than capable camera, then save it to the cloud so people back home can see it, that is of course after you've made it look like a professional snap with Instagram. Wanna have a chat with someone back home? Fire up Skype or whatsapp. Twitter, Facebook, sky news, BBC sport, google earth, golf distance gps, they are all available on your phone. I even used to take credit card payments with my phone when I was running my business.
I'm a fanboy so I say iPhone all the way. They are a little pricey at the outset, but if you've never owned a smartphone before, the OS is so intuitive, they are easy to get to grips with. My mum has worked out how to use one which shows you how easy they are to use. You'll also get your initial outlay back and then some when you sell your phone on eBay at upgrade time.

Last edited by markonline1; Jul 11th 2015 at 4:44 am.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 8:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Moto E, is a bit of a shit phone...I'd look at another option if that was the choice.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Moto E, is a bit of a shit phone...I'd look at another option if that was the choice.
Hmm, well a small box arrived in the mail yesterday. I'll let you know what I think of it.

So far the transition to Cricket has been pretty seamless. I did it all on line and the number was ported without any trouble.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 11:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Hmm, well a small box arrived in the mail yesterday. I'll let you know what I think of it.

So far the transition to Cricket has been pretty seamless. I did it all on line and the number was ported without any trouble.
Oh...Moto G would have been the minimum spec for frustration free use I would have recommended, but a bit late now
Old Jul 14th 2015, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Oh...Moto G would have been the minimum spec for frustration free use I would have recommended, but a bit late now
It's the 2nd gen Moto E if that makes any difference. Not much difference E v G in the specs as far as I can tell, smaller screen, bigger battery.

Last edited by sir_eccles; Jul 14th 2015 at 11:50 am.