Wikiposts

Skunk problem

Old Jul 3rd 2016, 4:18 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skunk problem

Originally Posted by BillericayDicky
So we have the ability to put a particular poster on ignore? If so, how does that work?

Yes dc koop, I am talking about you.
Oh dear. Here we are, a forum for Brit expats in the US and we haven't a clue about the First Amendment.

I don't like skunks much. My dog was sprayed by two of them and went through quite a bit of misery afterwards.

BTW Have you ever worked in a County Animal shelter ? Yes they put down hundreds of animals a day, much nicer and cuter then skunks. Go visit a shelter and get yourself an education.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Oh dear. Here we are, a forum for Brit expats in the US and we haven't a clue about the First Amendment.

I don't like skunks much. My dog was sprayed by two of them and went through quite a bit of misery afterwards.

BTW Have you ever worked in a County Animal shelter ? Yes they put down hundreds of animals a day, much nicer and cuter then skunks. Go visit a shelter and get yourself an education.
Lots of people get murdered, does that make it OK for me to murder someone? I think skunks are very cute, unlike you. So your dog was sprayed? Did he die from the spraying? You need to learn some compassion. Skunks don't spray to be mean, they do it as self-protection. How's the skunk to know your dog wasn't going to attack him? Killing is neither an intelligent nor a proportionate response.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 11:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what my pup would do if he got one, he has been hit twice.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 12:03 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonSquirrel
Lots of people get murdered, does that make it OK for me to murder someone? I think skunks are very cute, unlike you. So your dog was sprayed? Did he die from the spraying? You need to learn some compassion. Skunks don't spray to be mean, they do it as self-protection. How's the skunk to know your dog wasn't going to attack him? Killing is neither an intelligent nor a proportionate response.
I never said that I killed a skunk. The dog killed them. That advice about that particular method of skunk removal was given to me by a pest control officer after my dog was sprayed by two of them at night in my back yard.

So you think skunks are very cute. is that a reason for not getting rid of them using any method possible because they're cute? My dog has every right to roam the back yard in safety and he comes first. Skunks are a nuisance end of story.

FYI I've killed a couple of rattlers which found their way into my tool shed. I wasn't going to let them exist there and then one day accidentally tread on one of them and btw rattlers aren't cute
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

BillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonSquirrel
The award for least nice poster of the thread goes to you. Glad I don't know you in RL.
Freedom of speech also permits me to express a wish that dc koop is sprayed by an entire family of skunks. On the ignore list the skunk gasser goes.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 5:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I think you are confused. Your first amendment entitles a person to share objectionable views in public. It does not compel others to read or listen to them.

The skunks are probably not all that keen on the way you smell either, to be honest. They are harmless animals, suffocating them is cruel and unnecessary.

Old Jul 3rd 2016, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

BillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond reputeBillericayDicky has a reputation beyond repute

What she said.

Nice skunk pic! I think I must have been a skunk in a previous life, and I was such a good skunk that they decided to make me a person this time around.

Last edited by BillericayDicky; Jul 3rd 2016 at 5:41 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 5:49 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillericayDicky
What she said.

Nice skunk pic! I think I must have been a skunk in a previous life, and I was such a good skunk that they decided to make me a person this time around.
Success is all about spraying the right people, I find.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 11:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I think you are confused. Your first amendment entitles a person to share objectionable views in public. It does not compel others to read or listen to them.

The skunks are probably not all that keen on the way you smell either, to be honest. They are harmless animals, suffocating them is cruel and unnecessary. .....
I am with you in this one. I have never seen a skunk on my property, but they are common in the area, so it is highly likely I have some somewhere or they visit (we are visited by raccoons, but they don't live on my property), and they are one of only a few native/ endemic species I haven't seen on my property. If I did see one I certainly wouldn't plan on killing it.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Success is all about spraying the right people, I find.
Oh Matron, and utter filth!
Old Jul 4th 2016, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

Adorable babies!
Old Jul 4th 2016, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Don't know how I did it, but I somehow learned to enjoy the skunk smell! I wouldn't want it on my clothing, but driving past a dead skunk on the road is now a positive experience . It's all in the mind ...
Originally Posted by Dorothy
Me too.
Originally Posted by mamasue
And I thought I was the only one!!
To me, there is something very 'garlicy', and slightly sweet, in the smell. The smell is nowhere near as bad - not in the same league - as vomit, dog sh*t, cat sh*t (which neighboring cats seem to leave in my yard for me to step in ... ).

People describe certain beers as 'skunky' also, like Becks - which used to be a favorite of mine.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 5:06 am
Banned

[QUOTE=BillericayDicky;11993044]Freedom of speech also permits me to express a wish that dc koop is sprayed by an entire family of skunks. On the ignore list the skunk gasser goes.[/QUOTE]

That really breaks my heart
You'd do far better for our four legged friends by donating to the RSPCA or some other similar organization than posting silly childish comments as above

Last edited by dc koop; Jul 4th 2016 at 6:14 am.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 5:12 am
Banned

The skunks are probably not all that keen on the way you smell either, to be honest. They are harmless animals, suffocating them is cruel and unnecessary.

http://www.floridaskunkrescue.com/im...lendar2008.jpg
But you felt compelled to read my post didn't you.? God forbade I think I've stepped on sacred shit here.

The only crime worse than this must be posting an insult to Her Majesty the Queen
Old Jul 4th 2016, 5:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I am with you in this one. I have never seen a skunk on my property, but they are common in the area, so it is highly likely I have some somewhere or they visit (we are visited by raccoons, but they don't live on my property), and they are one of only a few native/ endemic species I haven't seen on my property. If I did see one I certainly wouldn't plan on killing it.
Well if ever a family of raccoons take up residence in your attic you'll be sure to share your advice on the best way to get rid of them I imagine. I wouldn't be inclined to kill raccoons either.

Last edited by dc koop; Jul 4th 2016 at 5:41 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.