Sim card for ipad

Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:45 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sim card for ipad

I am bringing my Canadian ipad to Boston next month, when I take it to the UK I put a pay as you go sim in it, buy a months data and its good to go. Is there a company in the US that I could do the same thing with. Ideally I would like to have the sim and pre load it before I go.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 5:16 pm

Default Re: Sim card for ipad

105 views and no comments. I guess won't be able to get a PAYG sim in the states then.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 6:22 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mrsimcard.com/ipad.html

This might help you.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

May I suggest that you repost in the "Lab" section. You may be able to get more responses to your question.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Weeze
Thanks for the link
Old Mar 29th 2012, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I am bringing my Canadian ipad to Boston next month, when I take it to the UK I put a pay as you go sim in it, buy a months data and its good to go. Is there a company in the US that I could do the same thing with. Ideally I would like to have the sim and pre load it before I go.

Any help would be appreciated.

The sim from Mr.Sim seems quite expensive: if you just go into an AT&T store and ask for a GoPhone sim they will be able to set it up for you while you are there. Did that for my iPhone and was up and running in 10 minutes. They have a $50 plan that includes everything (please check on the AT&T site).
Old Mar 29th 2012, 11:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There is wifi nearly everywhere, so why bother go to the hassle?

ATT can be a bit sketchy in parts of Boston anyway.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 2:55 pm

Thank you all for your reply's. If WIFI is freely available, I will probable stick with that. I am only there a week attending a conference.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 4:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Thank you all for your reply's. If WIFI is freely available, I will probable stick with that. I am only there a week attending a conference.
It's free at pretty much every Dunkin'D, which is on every corner. It's also free at every McD's, which is on every other corner and pretty much every bookshop and cafe in between.

It might be a bit spotty, so you might not want to rely on it if you're using the iPad as a GPS to get around the city, but if just to check email and the rest of it, you'll probably be fine.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
It's free at pretty much every Dunkin'D, which is on every corner. It's also free at every McD's, which is on every other corner and pretty much every bookshop and cafe in between.

It might be a bit spotty, so you might not want to rely on it if you're using the iPad as a GPS to get around the city, but if just to check email and the rest of it, you'll probably be fine.
And Starbucks and Coffee Bean and Nordstroms and Macys and, well, you get the picture; everyone and their dog offers free wifi these days.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 4:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by markwm
And Starbucks and Coffee Bean and Nordstroms and Macys and, well, you get the picture; everyone and their dog offers free wifi these days.
Yup....but I wasn't joking how there is a DD on every corner in Boston, the city literally would grind to a halt without that place

Much bigger than Starbucks around here, get them across the street from each other and then some

If you're moving out of Boston downtown and into the burbs, it gets a little tricky, but Boston proper really is pretty well covered.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob
Yup....but I wasn't joking how there is a DD on every corner in Boston, the city literally would grind to a halt without that place

Much bigger than Starbucks around here, get them across the street from each other and then some

If you're moving out of Boston downtown and into the burbs, it gets a little tricky, but Boston proper really is pretty well covered.
Reminds me of the Simpsons episode of a mall where very shop is a Starbucks.