Shower curtains

Old Jan 28th 2024, 9:37 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shower curtains

In my experience, in America, folks usually go for a decorative curtain outside the shower or tub, and a waterproof plastic curtain inside the shower or tub. But I’m starting to get the impression that the British don’t go for the two-curtain model? I mean, why wouldn’t you have two curtains; I want to get as little water on the bathroom floor as possible! In Britain, will I find those really cheap clear plastic shower curtains in stores? As the years go by, I’m finding it harder & harder to figure out the British…
Old Jan 28th 2024, 12:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shower curtains

That takes me back to before we got a nice sliding doors installation.
Old Jan 28th 2024, 1:22 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
In my experience, in America, folks usually go for a decorative curtain outside the shower or tub, and a waterproof plastic curtain inside the shower or tub. But I’m starting to get the impression that the British don’t go for the two-curtain model? I mean, why wouldn’t you have two curtains; I want to get as little water on the bathroom floor as possible! In Britain, will I find those really cheap clear plastic shower curtains in stores? As the years go by, I’m finding it harder & harder to figure out the British…
Yes you should be able to, I have a pole with rings to suspend my curtain from, and it sits just inside the slower, never had a leak.
Old Jan 28th 2024, 1:42 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That takes me back to before we got a nice sliding doors installation.
Yeah, that’s what I have in my flat in Norfolk. The much preferred option. My sisters place though .. I’m lucky there’s a functioning bathroom.. Amazing, state of the art stereo but rudimentary bathing facilities … ?
Old Jan 28th 2024, 1:43 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Yes you should be able to, I have a pole with rings to suspend my curtain from, and it sits just inside the slower, never had a leak.
Sounds good! Thanks..
Old Jan 28th 2024, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

We have opening shower doors and a sliding one. I prefer the opening ones. We have had the two curtains arrangement though in a previous house. We have also been in showers so small, if you soaped the inside of the shower cubicle, and turned round, you would be clean. Also, we have had shower curtains, cling to us when taking a shower in a hotel, very annoying.
Old Jan 28th 2024, 6:24 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by joto
We have opening shower doors and a sliding one. I prefer the opening ones. We have had the two curtains arrangement though in a previous house. We have also been in showers so small, if you soaped the inside of the shower cubicle, and turned round, you would be clean. Also, we have had shower curtains, cling to us when taking a shower in a hotel, very annoying.
Yup there was a hotel I used to stay at in London, generally pretty good, but the shower cubicle was so narrow, pretty much all you could do in it was stand up straight. Making some of my habitual soaping & rinsing routines pretty difficult (without getting into TMI.) And, I’ve experienced that weird phenomenon where certain hotel shower curtains want to fly into the shower and cling to you …..
Old Jan 28th 2024, 7:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Yeah, that’s what I have in my flat in Norfolk. The much preferred option. My sisters place though .. I’m lucky there’s a functioning bathroom.. Amazing, state of the art stereo but rudimentary bathing facilities … ?
Could be worse. Like some Greek accommodation I've had where the lavatory pan shares the same floor as the shower and is pretty much "out of bounds" after a shower until it's dried.