sending money to the UK

Wikiposts

sending money to the UK

Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

timetogo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sending money to the UK

Hello

I borrowed some money off my dad in the UK and need to pay it back. We called Bank of America (our account is held with them and my dad is TSB) and they said that there is no way of transfering the money to a UK account and need to find another way of doing it i.e Western Union. Is this true? Does anyone know of another way if this is true. I don't mind Western Union, it's just I have to pay a fee.

Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:55 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sending money to the UK

send him a check.

it'll take 3/4 weeks to clear.........
but it'll still clear.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:35 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

If you and your dad have PayPal accounts, then this is an easy option.

----
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:41 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timetogo
Hello

I borrowed some money off my dad in the UK and need to pay it back. We called Bank of America (our account is held with them and my dad is TSB) and they said that there is no way of transfering the money to a UK account and need to find another way of doing it i.e Western Union. Is this true? Does anyone know of another way if this is true. I don't mind Western Union, it's just I have to pay a fee.

Thanks
No not true. We transfer money every month from our account with BOA to the UK. They charge us a wire fee of 35 bucks if you send it already converted to quid, or 45 if it's in USD converted over when it hits the bank in the UK.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:43 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

You just have to use the right terms with BOA. They can't 'transfer' the money say 'account to account' as they can in some places, but they can easily do a 'wire' transfer.

I send wires and get wires pretty much every week between the US and the UK. Takes anywhere between 2-7 days.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

One of the best ways to do it:

http://www.xe.com/fx/

as advocated many times on here.

Takes a week or so to get set up but once you are, its easy and the rates are good even for small amounts.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:52 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
You just have to use the right terms with BOA. They can't 'transfer' the money say 'account to account' as they can in some places, but they can easily do a 'wire' transfer.

I send wires and get wires pretty much every week between the US and the UK. Takes anywhere between 2-7 days.

How much for a kilo of smack then?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:31 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
How much for a kilo of smack then?
Yeh any chance of some nice cable to go with that wire?

Seriously, how many times does this come up?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timetogo
Hello

Thanks
Of course you can transfer money to an overseas account. I transfer money to the UK and Canada using an international wire transfer...costs $25.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really nice

I set up US Paypal and UK Paypal accounts and send money over when my UK bank account get low, comes straight out my checking account. Not sure about the rates they charge but its a piece of piss to do.
Its weird to get a e-mail telling me that I have sent myself money.