Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Security + certification

Security + certification

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Security + certification

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
"Security +" (plus).
My hubby is an IT geek (I say that in a completely loving way). I think that's a certification that he already has through COMPTIA. He's pretty much self-taught using a bunch of the study guides and what not, and then taking the certification exams (recently got his Linux Level 1 Certification for other IT geeks on here). He might be able to give you some pointers, if you want to PM me some questions.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:54 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
You upped sticks and moved to BFE, lived in a sweltering tin can, sold a house, bought a house, and completely disoriented your family for a year for this job. Now you wanna bitch because you might have to buy a book and take a test?

ADAPT OR DIE.

Love you
Lemme bitch will you? I'll get over it.

The thing that aggravates me is that yeah, I did all that, but I did it because there was a reason. This thing is just absurd. I have to spend a bunch of time and money taking this test so I'm certified in security on a system I'm not allowed to access while my request for training on a new piece of equipment that it's my job to operate was denied due to lack of funds.

Have you ever read Catch-22?
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:59 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Lemme bitch will you? I'll get over it.

The thing that aggravates me is that yeah, I did all that, but I did it because there was a reason. This thing is just absurd. I have to spend a bunch of time and money taking this test so I'm certified in security on a system I'm not allowed to access while my request for training on a new piece of equipment that it's my job to operate was denied due to lack of funds.

Have you ever read Catch-22?
Yes. Twice.

BTW I love redundancy and filling out incessant reports that nobody EVER reads but yet I can be fired for refusing to do them.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:07 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Twice. :
I swear I'm going to one of these days, it sounds great.

BTW I love redundancy and filling out incessant reports that nobody EVER reads but yet I can be fired for refusing to do them.
I know. *shrug* It's a living.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:10 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
My hubby is an IT geek (I say that in a completely loving way). I think that's a certification that he already has through COMPTIA. He's pretty much self-taught using a bunch of the study guides and what not, and then taking the certification exams (recently got his Linux Level 1 Certification for other IT geeks on here). He might be able to give you some pointers, if you want to PM me some questions.
Thanks! I might need him to translate the study guides...
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:16 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I swear I'm going to one of these days, it sounds great.

I love it.

You know what the catch is right?
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:08 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

That's some Catch, that Catch 22.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 1:54 pm
Unmitigated Gall

I love it.

You know what the catch is right?
Nope. And don't tell me, I want to read it! My Dad's been telling me about it since I was little.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 4:03 pm
WTF?

Nope. And don't tell me, I want to read it! My Dad's been telling me about it since I was little.
But, I'm bursting a little bit here.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

But, I'm bursting a little bit here.
I once overheard two dozy women talking, one was going on about being in a 'Catch-23 situation'.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

You upped sticks and moved to BFE, lived in a sweltering tin can, sold a house, bought a house, and completely disoriented your family for a year for this job. Now you wanna bitch because you might have to buy a book and take a test?

ADAPT OR DIE.

Love you
Yeah, that's about it..... Well my husband didn't say the adapt or die bit, but he knows what it is and well "it is what it is".......the last part is mine, I use it all the time, feel free....
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 5:47 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I once overheard two dozy women talking, one was going on about being in a 'Catch-23 situation'.
Did you stab them? I keep a pair of scissors in my handbag for such occasions.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Did you stab them? I keep a pair of scissors in my handbag for such occasions.
Just how big is that handbag of yours.....
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:06 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Just how big is that handbag of yours.....
Big enough.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Big enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.