Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

the Scottish independence issue

the Scottish independence issue

Old Sep 12th 2014, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the Scottish independence issue

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Er Hadrian's Wall is well inside England, by upto 60 miles IIRC!
Not quite 60 miles by any stretch of the imagination!
Old Sep 12th 2014, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuchs01
Who is gonna defend hadrians wall, once Independence has been declared, the Picts will again
raid over the borders, nicking the stones on the way back to build their houses, kidnapping northhumberland and cumbrian wenches .Can England now have Berwick- on- tweed back.
also return them to the English football league,or will they claim anonyminity like the Crimea.
To stop any future border wars, can we have a strip of land bordering Tyneside and call it the Gazza-strip.

ps, who is gonna defend us midlanders, we have alot of Scottish 5th columnists hiding among
the locals, claiming their rights for anonyminity within our beautiful rolling hills, claiming historical rights, in help buidling the steelindustry and supporting the coal and hosiery workforces.
Stole our women, drank us dry of any decent goldwatches, and took over the pub entertainment
with their anecdotes of home while helping to hold up the bars on cold dreary evenings.
I see words but they do not form any meaning.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Hadrian's wall lies entirely within England, ranging less than a kilometre south of the border with Scotland in the west at Bowness-on-Solway to 110 kilometres (68 mi) in the east.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

"I see words but they do not form any meaning."

Don't look at me
Old Sep 13th 2014, 12:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Hadrian's wall lies entirely within England, ranging less than a kilometre south of the border with Scotland in the west at Bowness-on-Solway to 110 kilometres (68 mi) in the east.
Thank you!
Er Hadrian's Wall is well inside England, by upto 60 miles IIRC!
Let me correct that for you.

Er, Hadrian's Wall is well inside England, by more than 60 miles in some places!

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 13th 2014 at 12:34 am.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!

Let me correct that for you.

Er, Hadrian's Wall is well inside England, by more than 60 miles in some places!
Oh...alright then - let's just assume that I was on the beach at Bowness on Solway when I did the distance measurement thing.......although I've actually walked along at least part of the length of Hadrian's Wall I didn't realise there was quite that much of a chunk of England to the north of it. My apology is due to you. Old man Hade must of got his bearings all wrong.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 3:17 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh...alright then - let's just assume that I was on the beach at Bowness on Solway when I did the distance measurement thing.......although I've actually walked along at least part of the length of Hadrian's Wall I didn't realise there was quite that much of a chunk of England to the north of it. My apology is due to you. Old man Hade must of got his bearings all wrong.
Hadrian was very astute, and cunning.He knew once the Blue painted Scots, had plundered the mead and Roman ale, they had all of no man's land of 60 miles, to
track down the rambling paraletic Picts, and suprised them with a well prepared breakfast, while waiting for them to wake up out of their stupor before slapping them
in irons and dragging them back over the wall, to slave away south of the border, preparing them for the rigours of future generations.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We had a lovely day at whatever part of it is near Gateshead on one of our visits home, a rare sunny one!
Old Sep 13th 2014, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I'm in hog heaven mate

I actually haven't watched that much telly since being back.

I'm just about to heat up some Cornish Pasties and then we're going to the staff pub.
Is hubby still in CA, wrapping things up?
Old Sep 13th 2014, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Is hubby still in CA, wrapping things up?
No, he's started work here already.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Willie the Simpsons groundkeeper has his say on the referendum.
Scottish independence: The Simpsons' groundskeeper Willie shares his views on the debate in hilarious clip - Daily Record
Old Sep 13th 2014, 9:52 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that the (highly scientific and representative)poll at the bottom of that article has 56/44 against independence!
Old Sep 14th 2014, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Practically all of the public opinion polls being disclosed on what seems to be an hourly basis (making many of my English friends and colleagues down here in (very warm and sunny on a daily basis for quite some time now! ) what must be about the most English part of England - the Cotswolds - causing them now to feel peed off and even not being all that bothered one way or the other with an almost "let the b******s go if they want to go and good riddance to the f******s whiners" attitude borne out of constant repetition and permanent coverage, irrespective of the very drastic consequences their departure would bring about in this country.

One thing is for sure, though - every poll published shows a margin in favour of a No to independence vote even though they are all quite narrow...none larger than about 5% at the very most...some as low as 1%.

But the only poll that matters will be the one officially published some time next Friday.

What will happen to my UK passport should Scotland actually become independent is quite unclear as I never intend to live in the country of my birth and heritage again.....England is well good enough for me, especially this part of it.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Practically all of the public opinion polls being disclosed on what seems to be an hourly basis (making many of my English friends and colleagues down here in (very warm and sunny on a daily basis for quite some time now! ) what must be about the most English part of England - the Cotswolds - causing them now to feel peed off and even not being all that bothered one way or the other with an almost "let the b******s go if they want to go and good riddance to the f******s whiners" attitude borne out of constant repetition and permanent coverage, irrespective of the very drastic consequences their departure would bring about in this country.

One thing is for sure, though - every poll published shows a margin in favour of a No to independence vote even though they are all quite narrow...none larger than about 5% at the very most...some as low as 1%.

But the only poll that matters will be the one officially published some time next Friday.

What will happen to my UK passport should Scotland actually become independent is quite unclear as I never intend to live in the country of my birth and heritage again.....England is well good enough for me, especially this part of it.
I would be pissed off too if I knew I would be facing a lifetime of being governed by the tories and or UKIP
Old Sep 14th 2014, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
I would be pissed off too if I knew I would be facing a lifetime of being governed by the tories and or UKIP
Last one out turn off the lights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.