British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   School Shooter Threats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/school-shooter-threats-924251/)

Hotscot Apr 17th 2019 10:33 pm

Re: School Shooter Threats

She actually could retire from teaching but she's quite loyal to her good students and wants to see them through finals.
Another 7 weeks.
Her choice...

Octang Frye Apr 17th 2019 10:35 pm

Latest: She brought three one-way tickets to Denver.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

Comes up from sea level, buys shotgun after passing background check, gets an Uber to Mountain Evans campsite, which is 10.000ft. No acclimation. Spends the night at Mount Evans (outdoors) with probably no decent outdoor wear (remember she's from Florida.) Next thing, she's seen running around naked in the woods. Classic end-stage hypothermia "paradoxical undressing". Poor girl. Pity she couldn't be helped.

BEVS Apr 17th 2019 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Hotscot (Post 12672530)
She actually could retire from teaching but she's quite loyal to her good students and wants to see them through finals.
Another 7 weeks.
Her choice...

I get that. She is a quality teacher.
A very worrying few weeks for everyone concerned.

spouse of scouse Apr 18th 2019 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Octang Frye (Post 12672453)
Heavily armed? A shotgun? Okay...

Grrr, AR-15s? High powered assault rifles? Um, medium cartridge, medium velocity semi-automatic rifle.

You have a 0.0000697% percent chance of being involved in a mass shooting.
****ing appeal-to-emotion, virtue signaling. Think of the chilruns!!!! Asinine, idiocy.

“Nothing is more wonderful than the art of being free, but nothing is harder to learn how to use than freedom.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

There there, don't get upset. Go and give your gun a hug and kiss, and calm down.

scrubbedexpat099 Apr 18th 2019 1:45 am

‘I am getting out before it kills me’: Two in five teachers plan to quit within five years, union warns

Majority of teachers say their work-life balance has got worse over the past year

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/e...-a8871341.html

I do not know how true this is but seems not good in the UK.

Hotscot Apr 18th 2019 2:14 am

Mrs H. is burnt out.
Starts at 7 gets home after 5.
Very few students interested in learning. Class size 35.
Cellphone disruption rising. Not allowed to confiscate. Attention spans of a gnat.
Some are ultra fidgety.
No consequences for being late or even walking out of class mid-lesson.
Of course their parents expect A's. Their kids are 'good' kids...

(And this is in a good district. Mrs H has well honed classroom management skills, over 20 years, but even so, with no real power...:unsure:)

spouse of scouse Apr 18th 2019 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Hotscot (Post 12672581)
Mrs H. is burnt out.
Starts at 7 gets home after 5.
Very few students interested in learning.
Cellphone disruption rising. Not allowed to confiscate. Attention span of a gnat.
Some are ultra fidgety.
No consequences for being late or even walking out of class mid-lesson.
Of course their parents expect A's.

(And this is in a good district. Mrs H has well honed classroom management skills, over 20 years, but even so, with no real power...:unsure:)

I've always thought that teachers aren't paid enough for the work they're expected to do.
I hope the time passes quickly and safely for Mrs H, and she has a long, peaceful and well earned retirement.

Hotscot Apr 18th 2019 2:30 am

Thanks...that means a lot.:thumb:
Too young to 'retire' retire though. She's been working on her next career for a while, cough, cough, selenegracesilver.com,:o and then we're moving closer to the beach:thumbup:

spouse of scouse Apr 18th 2019 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Hotscot (Post 12672586)
Thanks...that means a lot.:thumb:
Too young to 'retire' retire though. She's been working on her next career for a while, cough, cough, selenegracesilver.com,:o and then we're moving closer to the beach:thumbup:

Wow, Mrs H is an author! I love her bio, so unpretentious yet inspiring. Wishing Selena all the luck in the world, enough to buy a beachfront place :thumbsup:

petitefrancaise Apr 18th 2019 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12672607)
Wow, Mrs H is an author! I love her bio, so unpretentious yet inspiring. Wishing Selena all the luck in the world, enough to buy a beachfront place :thumbsup:

She sounds like quite a woman!
Last time you mentioned her literary success IIRC someone brought up the raunchy sex scenes starring a sexy scotsman... :rofl:
Has she mentioned her concerns to the school cops?

At my kids' high school a few years ago, there was bomb scare, kid got into a load of trouble. Turns out the science project was to make a clock, he did and it made a loud ticking noise and he joked it was a bomb. Sometimes kids say stuff to show off.

Hotscot Apr 18th 2019 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12672862)
She sounds like quite a woman!
Last time you mentioned her literary success IIRC someone brought up the raunchy sex scenes starring a sexy scotsman... :rofl:
Has she mentioned her concerns to the school cops?

At my kids' high school a few years ago, there was bomb scare, kid got into a load of trouble. Turns out the science project was to make a clock, he did and it made a loud ticking noise and he joked it was a bomb. Sometimes kids say stuff to show off.

Yeah...I remember him. I'm envious.
The school cops are glorified prefects...