Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Scheduling: Fires in Southern California

Scheduling: Fires in Southern California

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scheduling: Fires in Southern California

I was only 12 years old and don't remember it. Must not have interferred much in our way of life in the 'burbs since I have no recollection of it as well. Also think that 47 years between memorable hurricanes do not place us in danger of annual hurricane catastrophies.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

For Customers Affected by Southern California Fires

Updated Oct. 23, 11:52 AM EST - San Diego area offices (San Diego and Chula Vista field offices and San Marcos Application Support Center) are closed today. The El Cajon Application Support Center will close at 10:00 AM PST.

Los Angeles area offices are operating normally at this time.

October 22, 2007 - USCIS Field Offices in the Los Angeles, CA area (Los Angeles field office, San Bernardino field office and Santa Ana field office) and San Diego, CA (San Diego field office and Chula Vista field office) will automatically reschedule applicants who missed naturalization (N-400) or adjustment of status (I-485) interviews due to the massive Southern California fires.

Anyone who misses an INFOPASS appointment should/may reschedule the appointment on their own, or the customer may go to the office where the appointment was originally scheduled, with the appointment notice.

It is unknown how long this procedure will be in place, but this alert will be updated daily until the situation changes.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:12 pm
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of

Hi All,

We did have to evacuate this past Tuesday morning at 3:00 A.M. The fire was three miles from our house.

We tooK:
My husband's immigration papers (which is kept in a brief case all the time)
Important documents for our house, etc...
Rx medications
All photoalbums
Our passports
Cell phone & chargers
Few clothes, shoes & pajamas, toothbrush, tooth paste, Hair brush.

Before our evacuation was mandatory we were on stand by evacuation so we had more time to pack up.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by June
Hi All,

We did have to evacuate this past Tuesday morning at 3:00 A.M. The fire was three miles from our house.
Thinking of you June - hope that you are all OK!!!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

cdnprincess is an unknown quantity at this point

OK....you should all just move to Toronto....you may get snowed in from time to time = no work/school (but if you make the best of it, it's not such a bad thing ) but the snow will eventually melt....or they'll just send in the military to dig you out
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cdnprincess
OK....you should all just move to Toronto....you may get snowed in from time to time = no work/school (but if you make the best of it, it's not such a bad thing ) but the snow will eventually melt....or they'll just send in the military to dig you out
Hi:

OT -- I was in the US Army during the Sylmar Earthquake. And it was cold and snowing where I was stationed. My father sent me a cartoon by the late Interlandi showing two people sitting in their living room covered by blankets, the radiator steaming and a blizzard outside -- the caption was "Earthquakes and fires. Why would anyone live in Southern California!?"
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

cdnprincess is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

OT -- I was in the US Army during the Sylmar Earthquake. And it was cold and snowing where I was stationed. My father sent me a cartoon by the late Interlandi showing two people sitting in their living room covered by blankets, the radiator steaming and a blizzard outside -- the caption was "Earthquakes and fires. Why would anyone live in Southern California!?"
That's funny!! I have to be honest and say I could do without the snowless winters we typically have here.....I do love tho when there is a light snow falling, it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling, lol

For the record, my thoughts and prayers are with those in SoCal having to endure the tragedies!!