Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

SAS - Iranian Embassy Seige (30 Years On)

SAS - Iranian Embassy Seige (30 Years On)

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up SAS - Iranian Embassy Seige (30 Years On)

It's hard to believe that it slmsot 30 years since the SAS burst into British TV Screens, with the attack on the Iranian Embassy in London..

This link will take you to a very informative documentary, as told by several of the SAS Men involved. in the storming of the Iranian Embassy, in London.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg5bcv06Rc8

As each video finishes, a link to the next part will appear. Fascinating stuff, here, ladies and gents.

Jim.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 4:01 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SAS - Iranian Embassy Seige (30 Years On)

My Dad always tells me how he remembers sitting there watching 'True Grit' on the telly then all of a sudden it cut to men dressed in black blowing the shit out of the Embassy.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 4:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
It's hard to believe that it slmsot 30 years since the SAS burst into British TV Screens, with the attack on the Iranian Embassy in London..

This link will take you to a very informative documentary, as told by several of the SAS Men involved. in the storming of the Iranian Embassy, in London.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg5bcv06Rc8

As each video finishes, a link to the next part will appear. Fascinating stuff, here, ladies and gents.

Jim.

Was that really 30 years ago? I remember it as if it was last month.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
May 5th 1980 - I had just arrived home, with my Dad. I was 14 years old and couldn't believe what I was seeing......and neither could my Dad!

Jim.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 3:50 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I remember sitting watching that.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 3:54 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite sad that the one of the guys we see lost his son in Afganistan last year.

Must say its the one thing twatcher did that I agreed with
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 5:26 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Not half! Makes me feel old...
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 6:28 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

My mum was watching Coronation Street. I remember it well. And the Who Dares Wins movie that came out shortly after.

I always find it amusing how the SAS have become transcendent, invincible warriors in the British public's mind. Whenever there's a bit of strife, the comments section in the papers implore us to send in the SAS! Like they're some silver bullet.

They're good, but they're not infallible. Look at the clusterfark that was Bravo Two Zero highlighted.
Currently, the SAS supposedly has 80 out of its 400 operational folks out due to injury or death.

I find the story of 14th Intelligence Company far more interesting.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 7:53 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I remember sitting watching that.
I remember being there and how boring it was at night. Not much better day time until the boys from Hereford livened things up. Still nice overtime earner.

Some years later when I was driving Kilburns area car we got a call to suspect on premises and we arrived at the house as India 99 the Met helicopter got over head as said suspect burst out the back door. Trevor Lock was the observer on I99 and kept a good watch on the guy as he run himself into the ground trying to escape.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

I remember it as a child and still pass the embassy to this day. Hard to believe what happened there!
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Ray has made claim to being there in the past.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember it well too. I was watching the snooker when it was interrupted. Damn SAS It was supposed to be live but in fact it happened a few minutes earlier giving them time to edit out the secret bits we weren't allowed to see. "National Security" or some reason as to why. Later that night or the next day they showed the full version of events I think.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 2:52 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
I remember it well too. I was watching the snooker when it was interrupted. Damn SAS It was supposed to be live but in fact it happened a few minutes earlier giving them time to edit out the secret bits we weren't allowed to see. "National Security" or some reason as to why. Later that night or the next day they showed the full version of events I think.
It strikes me they didn't show it live just in case the terrorists in the embassy had the telly on and got prior warning of the assault. IIRC the German authorities made that mistake during the Munich Olympic hostage crisis.

Last edited by elfman; Apr 4th 2010 at 2:54 am.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 3:11 am
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of

I was 12 and I remember watching it on the new shortly after it happened.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 3:17 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elfman
IIRC the German authorities made that mistake during the Munich Olympic hostage crisis.
That and placing men in each others' fields of fire...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.