Running 50 miles...

Old Sep 7th 2009, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Lobsterback will become famous soon enough
Default Running 50 miles...

I'm new to this site and so apologies for starting off with a shameless plug.

I'm running 50 miles on September 19th in Northern Virginia. Why? - I hear you (and my wife) ask.

Well, I was in the British Army and my wife was in the US version, that's how we met and I landed up living over here. It's great and I wouldn't change a single thing - I've been very lucky.

Basically, I want to help lads and ladies who've not had it so easy. The two charities I'm raising for are Help for Heroes (UK) and Disabled American Veterans. The links should be in my signature block - mods, I believe that was the right thing to do......

http://firstgiving.com/50mile4dav
http://www.justgiving.com/50mileh4h/
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sue; Sep 9th 2009 at 1:51 am. Reason: Okey, dokey. Admin says don't forget band aids for those blisters.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 9:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Running 50 miles...

Originally Posted by Lobsterback
I'm new to this site and so apologies for starting off with a shameless plug.

I'm running 50 miles on September 19th in Northern Virginia. Why? - I hear you (and my wife) ask.

Well, I was in the British Army and my wife was in the US version, that's how we met and I landed up living over here. It's great and I wouldn't change a single thing - I've been very lucky.

Basically, I want to help lads and ladies who've not had it so easy. The two charities I'm raising for are Help for Heroes (UK) and Disabled American Veterans. The links should be in my signature block - mods, I believe that was the right thing to do......

http://firstgiving.com/50mile4dav
http://www.justgiving.com/50mileh4h/
Thanks in advance.
Being as you're a new member I think you should clear this with admin...click on the 'contact us' tab at the bottom of this page.

Only links to your websites can be inserted into your signature.

Where's my manners? Welcome to BE.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Lobsterback will become famous soon enough

Jersey Girl & Admin,

Thanks for the feedback - I wish I'd found this site before making it over here.... Cheers,

LB
Old Sep 9th 2009, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE, good luck on the fundraising too.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 3:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lobsterback
Jersey Girl & Admin,

Thanks for the feedback - I wish I'd found this site before making it over here.... Cheers,

LB
You may be interested in this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625833

Good luck with the fundraising.