Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Romanians/Bugarians, sold out flights and buses!

Romanians/Bugarians, sold out flights and buses!

Old Dec 31st 2013, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

paul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond repute
Default Romanians/Bugarians, sold out flights and buses!

I realise it's only the DM, but it's going to be interesting to see what happens from tomorrow!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-head-UK.html
Old Dec 31st 2013, 11:28 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romanians/Bugarians, sold out flights and buses!

Unfortunately, I think this ones probably pretty accurate.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 11:43 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul32x
I realise it's only the DM, but it's going to be interesting to see what happens from tomorrow!

Typical DM scaremongering.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 12:21 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if there'll be an increase in the 'Desperate to move to the US' threads.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 12:25 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Typical DM scaremongering.
Except, the reality is Brits are sick and tired of the great unwashed coming into the UK from all over Europe without *ANY* checks, either employment or criminal wise.

Whilst the DM is toilet paper in all but name, the issue of Eastern block countries joining the EU, and thus being given freedom of movement, is an issue that has been for too long one swept under the carpet as 'racism'. It's pleasing that finally people are realising the current trend cannot continue and speaking out accordingly without being labelled a racist.

Another problem with Eastern block countries joining the EU is that a Romanian gypsy family now can move and live in the UK indefinitely FAR easier than myself and my USC wife can (both university educated and would be higher rate tax payers upon returning to the UK). If that isn't absurd, then I don't know what is.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 1:14 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Except, the reality is Brits are sick and tired of the great unwashed coming into the UK from all over Europe without *ANY* checks, either employment or criminal wise.

Whilst the DM is toilet paper in all but name, the issue of Eastern block countries joining the EU, and thus being given freedom of movement, is an issue that has been for too long one swept under the carpet as 'racism'. It's pleasing that finally people are realising the current trend cannot continue and speaking out accordingly without being labelled a racist.

Another problem with Eastern block countries joining the EU is that a Romanian gypsy family now can move and live in the UK indefinitely FAR easier than myself and my USC wife can (both university educated and would be higher rate tax payers upon returning to the UK). If that isn't absurd, then I don't know what is.
The "unwashed"?
Old Dec 31st 2013, 1:25 pm
Ping-ponger

Originally Posted by paul32x

I dare say many of the "Bugarians" arriving in the country will be able to spell "Britain".
Old Dec 31st 2013, 1:38 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I dare say many of the "Bugarians" arriving in the country will be able to spell "Britain".
and that they are coming from the Eastern Bloc countries (not from around the block).
Old Dec 31st 2013, 1:43 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

The "unwashed"?
Yes. It's a phrase to describe undesirables; which Eastern Europeans are economically to the UK.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

It is the price for staying in Eurovision?

#nilpoint

Old Dec 31st 2013, 2:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mallory
and that they are coming from the Eastern Bloc countries (not from around the block).
I really doubt it.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 2:52 pm
Ping-ponger

Yes. It's a phrase to describe undesirables; which Eastern Europeans are economically to the UK.
Yes, I am familiar with the phrase, I was questioning its use.

It more usually denotes someone who is deemed to be socially inferior.

I can understand the perspective that an influx of immigrants may have undesirable effects on the economy (though I don't necessarily believe it is true).

Regardless, I don't think that makes them socially inferior.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 2:59 pm
Banned

Yes, I am familiar with the phrase, I was questioning its use.

It more usually denotes someone who is deemed to be socially inferior.

I can understand the perspective that an influx of immigrants may have undesirable effects on the economy (though I don't necessarily believe it is true).

Regardless, I don't think that makes them socially inferior.
Define socially inferior? If your definition of the phrase is increased levels of poverty, lower levels of education and a conviction rate in excess of the median in the UK per capita, then I would definitely class most Eastern Bloc countries as socially (as well as economically) inferior.

Either way, freedom of movement of undesirables to rich western countries has to stop. Britain gains nothing from it, and stands to cost the UK taxpayer simply more money.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 3:16 pm
Ping-ponger

Define socially inferior? If your definition of the phrase is increased levels of poverty, lower levels of education and a conviction rate in excess of the median in the UK per capita, then I would definitely class most Eastern Bloc countries as socially (as well as economically) inferior.

Either way, freedom of movement of undesirables to rich western countries has to stop. Britain gains nothing from it, and stands to cost the UK taxpayer simply more money.
Either way, it clearly wasn't meant as a compliment, and comes across as patronising. Maybe you just see yourself as superior to people from certain countries, which would be an odd perspective for someone who's an immigrant to a socially and culturally diverse country.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 3:22 pm
Banned

Either way, it clearly wasn't meant as a compliment, and comes across as patronising. Maybe you just see yourself as superior to people from certain countries, which would be an odd perspective for someone who's an immigrant to a socially and culturally diverse country.
Oh spare me the whining.

The reality is freedom of movement needs reform due to the poorer nations in Europe being allowed to join the EU. Yes, the UK (and other Western European nations) are superior to those in the East; politically, socially and economically.

You also need to take off the blinkers if you think citizens of certain countries aren't superior to others. You only need to look at foreign policy of western governments to realise this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.