Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Rock, Paper, Scissors - The new 'Sport' rocking the nation

Rock, Paper, Scissors - The new 'Sport' rocking the nation

Old Jun 13th 2006, 3:20 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rock, Paper, Scissors - The new 'Sport' rocking the nation

Following the ruptured knee ligaments that I suffered while playing Soccerball last Sunday I've been looking for a new competitve sport that I can play while on crutches for the next few months.
Imagine then, my delight to find that some geniuses have created an organisation called the United States of America Rock, Paper Scissors (USARP - www.usarps.com) to organise and manage tournaments throughout this fair land. Last night the main event was televised (9PM on A&E) and, I must say, it was must-see-TV of the highest order. Each of the competitive athletes had their own story of how they got into Rock, Paper, Scissors (RPC) and how it has changed their lives. Amber, for example, ran away from home when she was a teenager and lived on the street for a while. With a group of fellow-homeless, they managed to beg for enough change to allow them to buy a meal from McDonalds which was given to the winner of a short RPC game. And guess who won? "RPC changed my life because it gave me a meal" said Amber as people nearby wiped tears from their eyes.
Did anyone else catch this televisual spectacular?
Old Jun 13th 2006, 3:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rock, Paper, Scissors - The new 'Sport' rocking the nation

screw the world cup then.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:31 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I'll add that to my spelling bees and cup stacking (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2107022912201).
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:15 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peterbainham
Following the ruptured knee ligaments that I suffered while playing Soccerball last Sunday I've been looking for a new competitve sport that I can play while on crutches for the next few months.
Imagine then, my delight to find that some geniuses have created an organisation called the United States of America Rock, Paper Scissors (USARP - www.usarps.com) to organise and manage tournaments throughout this fair land. Last night the main event was televised (9PM on A&E) and, I must say, it was must-see-TV of the highest order. Each of the competitive athletes had their own story of how they got into Rock, Paper, Scissors (RPC) and how it has changed their lives. Amber, for example, ran away from home when she was a teenager and lived on the street for a while. With a group of fellow-homeless, they managed to beg for enough change to allow them to buy a meal from McDonalds which was given to the winner of a short RPC game. And guess who won? "RPC changed my life because it gave me a meal" said Amber as people nearby wiped tears from their eyes.
Did anyone else catch this televisual spectacular?
Can it be played by way of email tag?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:17 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Can it be played by way of email tag?
Or we could play it here...... 1.....2......3
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:20 pm
Being myself

Paper
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:23 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Paper
scissors

<snortle>

Did I win?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:26 pm
Being myself

Originally Posted by Kate2112
scissors

<snortle>

Did I win?
Damn you. You've played this before, haven't you.

Another game?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:31 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Another game?
Rock (not really - that was a bluff... Scissors!)
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:32 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Another game?

So when do I get the Happy Meal like????
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:17 pm
Being myself

Originally Posted by Kate2112
So when do I get the Happy Meal like????
Here ya go:

Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:02 pm
Junior Showtime

Here ya go:

Thanks..the McVodka sounds like a good idea...get drunk before you eat and you wont notice the taste

Rock..