Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Rich Dentist kills Majestic Lion

Rich Dentist kills Majestic Lion

Old Jul 29th 2015, 11:43 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rich Dentist kills Majestic Lion

The PRI/BBC program The World had an interesting piece about lion hunting in Zimbabwe.

It's not illegal to shoot a lion that has a GPS tracker, 64% of the lion trophy hunting is done by Americans, and it is supposedly not unusual for the "hunting" to consist of baiting the lions, drugging them and shooting them while they're knocked out. This is not a matter of getting in tune with nature or taking risks.

A lion slaying in Zimbabwe sparks debate about the future of big game hunting | Public Radio International
Old Jul 30th 2015, 4:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jul 30th 2015, 4:43 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I love Matt's cartoons, he regularly produces gems, and has done since he started at the Telegraph in 1988.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
The PRI/BBC program The World had an interesting piece about lion hunting in Zimbabwe.

It's not illegal to shoot a lion that has a GPS tracker, 64% of the lion trophy hunting is done by Americans, and it is supposedly not unusual for the "hunting" to consist of baiting the lions, drugging them and shooting them while they're knocked out. This is not a matter of getting in tune with nature or taking risks.

A lion slaying in Zimbabwe sparks debate about the future of big game hunting | Public Radio International
Interesting article. The safari organizer is 'appalled by all the fuss' and suggests that unless the landowners get some value from the wildlife, the wildlife will be gone. This makes sense, but surely there would be more people willing to pay to see live animals than a few willing to pay to kill them. I'm thinking maybe it's just easier to charge one guy $50,000 than to charge 25 people $2,000.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 7:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
He also purportedly shelled out over $100k to settle a sexual harassment claim, so $50k to hunt a lion was probably a "bargain".
I just read that on the link below, he was also ordered to take an ethics class because of that settlement.

Lion killer paid $127,500 to settle sexual harassment claim - World - NZ Herald News

I think he should have his license pulled, between the sexual harassment complaints, previous hunting violations in the US and his felony record, and now this. I think he has proven who he is, can't be trusted and really has no ethics, and these sorts of people should not be licensed to work as a dentist or in anything medical related.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 12:09 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Rich Dentist kills Majestic Lion

I'm a naturalized US citizen and I have signed a petition to the White House to deport the lion killer Walter James Palmer to be extradited to Zimbabwe to face justice.

I urge anyone on BE whom is a US citizen and American family and friends to also sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...stice-zimbabwe
Old Jul 30th 2015, 12:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I'm a naturalized US citizen and I have signed a petition to the White House to deport the lion killer Walter James Palmer to be extradited to Zimbabwe to face justice.

I urge anyone on BE whom is a US citizen and American family and friends to also sign this petition:

Done!
Old Jul 30th 2015, 12:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I just read that on the link below, he was also ordered to take an ethics class because of that settlement.

Lion killer paid $127,500 to settle sexual harassment claim - World - NZ Herald News
That thing I said earlier about trophy hunters and sexual inadequacy? Well, there it is, apparently.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 12:56 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

And done, this man represents everything I despise about the so called 'Hunter' class.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 12:56 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Done!
Agreed, but can I have some other people deported too, to countries where they caused murder and mayhem? Reagan's already dead, but there are a few Bushes about still, for example.

And frankly, I despise trophy hunters irrespective of the legality of their actions in any given country.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 2:00 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I'm thinking maybe it's just easier to charge one guy $50,000 than to charge 25 people $2,000.
The organizers have to do almost all of the work and take most of the risks -- if anyone is going to get attacked by the lion, it's them. The hunter is paying for the convenience of having several people devote themselves to his vacation and keeping him out of harm's way.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 4:03 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Has Zimbabwe requested extradition? Has an American court denied extradition? I didnt think so, but I dont get every new step in this case.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

If he's broken the law then I'd like to see him punished to the fullest extent of that law. However pandering to a hostile online lynch mob, losing his home, business and everything else he's worked hard for over many years is taking things way too far and is definitely not the most just outcome in my mind.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 5:11 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
If he's broken the law then I'd like to see him punished to the fullest extent of that law. However pandering to a hostile online lynch mob, losing his home, business and everything else he's worked hard for over many years is taking things way too far and is definitely not the most just outcome in my mind.
What is the alternative for individuals that do not want to patronize his business? The few dozen outside his business will dwindle fairly soon, I have not heard anything about him loosing his house, and dont see how that might happen. What is your alternative? Should individuals be forced to continue to visit him as their dentist?
Old Jul 30th 2015, 5:17 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.