Reported to USCIS

Old May 25th 2006, 10:03 am
Roisin

Default Reported to USCIS

My brother has got himself into a sticky situation.

Last year he married a USC and got his CR1 last month. However, for over 2 yrs he has also been having an affair with another woman and when she found out he got married, she had a 'hell hath no fury than a woman scorned' moment and wrote to USCIS telling all. Basically that he did not love his wife, did not want to be married, his wife offered to marry him for GC, that she has proof of thier affair, before & during the marriage. The wife found out about the affair last yr but has decied to stay with him. However, it seems he's still seeing this over woman, he works interstate a lot and stays with her when away.

I have warned him that he will be investigated but he's of the opinion that because they are both of same race, well educated, professional and have done the whole 'wedding thing' (big wedding, honeymoon,engagement ring, joint lease on apartment) etc that USCIS will not be interested and won't even get an interview. As far as everyone is concerned it looks like a bona fide marriage. It is far from it. He has no intention of staying with his wife after the conditions are removed and has never had an exclusive relationship with her in the 3 yrs he's known her. He's even told me that he only married to get a GC.

I've spoken to his wife as she is aware I think that he is only using her, but she is head over heels in love with him and is convinced that he will change once he lives full time with her later this year.

The 'mistress' wrote to USCIS back in Sept but he says that if they were serious then he wouldn't have even got his CR1.

I've suggested that he talk to an immigration attorney asap, but again he doesn't seem to think anything is going to go wrong.

In one aspect, I'd like them to take action and bring my brother down a huge peg or two. Although, whatever happens his wife is going to be devastated, so perhaps it would be good if they took action now rather then in 2 yrs when conditions are due to be removed, so she can get on with her life and not have it wasted. He is totally irresponsible (btw - he has 6 kids by 4 mothers and has never married any of them, in fact never married before - even to his ex partner of 14 yrs and there is a 15 age gap between him & wife) and never considers the damage he leaves behind.

What really hurts is that I know a couple who were genuinely in love but USCIS didn't believe it was a bona fide marriage. They both ended up living in France (she's from UK) they've been married now for 6 years and have 3 lovely kids. Why should fruadsters get away with it, when genuine couples suffer?

Do USCIS ever take information from 'scorned' lovers & ex girlfriends serioulsy?

Can the USCIS interview him at any time during the 2 year conditional period?

Does anyone else know of scoundrals like my brother and did they get away with it?

Old May 25th 2006, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reported to USCIS

Originally Posted by Roisin
My brother has got himself into a sticky situation.
I'm not 100% sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish here, but you need to separate the marital issue from the immigration issue. From an immigration standpoint, your "brother" will actually benefit from a quick divorce, as once the divorce is final, he can immediately file to remove conditions on his GC and he doesn't need to wait until 2 years is up to do it. Love, adultery, responsibility... none of these are immigration issues, and the claims of the "other woman" are likely to fall on deaf ears.

I suggest you disengage from this situation and allow everyone to get on with their lives... for better or worse. Immigration is his issue and no one else's... not his wife, not his girlfriend, not yours!

Ian
Old May 25th 2006, 2:32 pm
Roisin

Boy!! I hope you never need any help from your sister!!

What I was trying to do was get some advice from others so I could tell my brother that it is not going to be as easy as he thinks to get his conditions removed considering what's happened in the past.

I would much prefer he gets the right advice and if need be voluntarily give up his GC rather than get deported. As well as showing some concern for my sister-in-law.

Old May 25th 2006, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Might make an interesting episode for Eastenders.

But USCIS do not watch Eastenders.
Old May 25th 2006, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Boy!! I hope you never need any help from your sister!!

What I was trying to do was get some advice from others so I could tell my brother that it is not going to be as easy as he thinks to get his conditions removed considering what's happened in the past.

I would much prefer he gets the right advice and if need be voluntarily give up his GC rather than get deported. As well as showing some concern for my sister-in-law.
Ian told you, he has marital issues but most likely no Immigration issues.

Do not confuse the two.
Old May 25th 2006, 3:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is, it probably WILL be as easy as he thinks. His immigration and his marital affairs are not really connected in the eyes of USCIS.

The right advice doesn't necessarily mean he'll be asked to voluntarily give up his GC. It also doesn't mean he'll get deported. The way he treats his current wife, his mistress, and the fact that the current wife tolerates it all, is not of USCIS' concern. If he really wants the right advice, he needs to consult with an immigration attorney, to get proper legal advice on the matter. But, it sounds like he's OK with his life the way it is, and is not likely to do that.

And although you're not happy with the situation, it's not really up to you how he handles his life...immigration, marital, or otherwise. Time to let it go.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 25th 2006, 4:02 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Roisin wrote:
>btw - he has 6 kids by 4 mothers

Hope he's keeping up his child support payments. Seems to be a hot issue @ naturalization time so his philandering habits might well catch up with him then.
Old May 26th 2006, 9:42 pm
Mh

In article <[email protected]>,
Roisin <[email protected]> wrote:

[cut]

>In one aspect, I'd like them to take action and bring my brother down a
    >huge peg or two. Although, whatever happens his wife is going to be
    >devastated, so perhaps it would be good if they took action now rather
    >then in 2 yrs when conditions are due to be removed, so she can get on
    >with her life and not have it wasted. He is totally irresponsible (btw
    >- he has 6 kids by 4 mothers and has never married any of them, in fact
    >never married before - even to his ex partner of 14 yrs and there is a
    >15 age gap between him & wife) and never considers the damage he leaves
    >behind.

I know he's your brother, and all, but..

(if true), he sounds like a GREAT candidate for the new trial program USCIS
is launching: castration, THEN deportation. :-)

MH