Regressive nation

Old Jun 23rd 2019, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Mempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really nice
Default Regressive nation

Currently back in the UK for an extended vacation to see family and am shocked and horrified by what I am seeing. Grass verges not cut, Trash everywhere, street beggars all over every shopping centre wheelie bins strewn anywhere and everywhere, and what seems to be a whipped puppy attitude of everyone.
Wow!!,
the other thing that is showing up is a total disregard for any consumer rights.
Sainsbury... 45 mins waiting on meal in cafe ... When I asked cashier about the delay she called security and manager saying she felt 'threatened'??

McDonald's.. Asked why a product that is being advertised has been unavailable in all stores in Southampton area for over three weeks... Their complaint line came up with some lame excuse about managers have ordering rights that head office can't interfere with!!???!!!
(Huh??)

Carphone Wharehouse ...(Romsey). Apparently the salesman wanted to keep shuffling his cards rather than serve us as we wouldn't look at any phones over £300.... When I called their offices to complain I was told that as I hadn't purchased anything I was not able to have my complaint heard.

I know the USA has big problems but it seems that the above is crazy .... Anyone else found similar?????

I don't remember it being this bad!!
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 7:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regressive nation

You’re eating in McDonalds and Sainsbury’s and wondering why you’re seeing the dregs of society?!
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 7:14 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You’re eating in McDonalds and Sainsbury’s and wondering why you’re seeing the dregs of society?!
Is there something wrong with being employed by either establishment
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Mempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really nice

I used to eat posh at Tesco... But they have slimmed down most of their stores to Costa ☕ coffee
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 7:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Is there something wrong with being employed by either establishment
I didn’t mean the employees. But complaining about beggars and trash when McDonald’s and a supermarket cafe are your choice of dining establishment struck me as rather amusing. Any run down town centre will have all that (although the grass verges are nationwide - but it’s a bee/wildlife thing councils are doing now).

As usual, this is where my country bumpkin preferences come in - other than the verges I don’t recognise the UK the OP is talking about. But I hate cities/towns and so won’t go near them unless I have to.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 7:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Mempete
I used to eat posh at Tesco... But they have slimmed down most of their stores to Costa ☕ coffee
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Suggest that living in the country is best option... I understand your amusement but I don't understand the BS that the council's have put out about the verges...if they really cared about the wildlife they would convert parks to wildlife refuges and encourage beehives and all that good stuff.

Last edited by Mempete; Jun 23rd 2019 at 8:18 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Oh and as a ps.... If you don't go into the cities you certainly won't recognize the state they have fallen into.😵 And yes one does eat up market for real food. There are some lovely places to eat outside of city centres .. The people used to have pride in their surroundings. So sad.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 10:09 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

First post attacking the home that many of us have fond memories of. Are you surprised no one cares what you think?
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Wow.... NOT attacking the home... Just sad at the apparent demise in what made Great Britain great!
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Currently back in the UK for an extended vacation to see family and am shocked and horrified by what I am seeing. Grass verges not cut, Trash everywhere, street beggars all over every shopping centre wheelie bins strewn anywhere and everywhere, and what seems to be a whipped puppy attitude of everyone.
Wow!!,
the other thing that is showing up is a total disregard for any consumer rights.
Sainsbury... 45 mins waiting on meal in cafe ... When I asked cashier about the delay she called security and manager saying she felt 'threatened'??

McDonald's.. Asked why a product that is being advertised has been unavailable in all stores in Southampton area for over three weeks... Their complaint line came up with some lame excuse about managers have ordering rights that head office can't interfere with!!???!!!
(Huh??)

Carphone Wharehouse ...(Romsey). Apparently the salesman wanted to keep shuffling his cards rather than serve us as we wouldn't look at any phones over £300.... When I called their offices to complain I was told that as I hadn't purchased anything I was not able to have my complaint heard.

I know the USA has big problems but it seems that the above is crazy .... Anyone else found similar?????

I don't remember it being this bad!!
As a regular visitor to the homeland, I do mostly agree with what you saw; the thing is that you have come across as a whiney a-hole in the post. Did you really call up carphonewhorehouse and Mcdonalds to complain?
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 10:26 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Great Britain is a landmass. I assume you are referring the United Kingdom.

And I agree with the above - you’ve been back 2 minutes and already called 2 companies to complain,
perhaps you’ve become a little sensitive during your time in the US. Brits are far more direct then Americans in my experience.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 10:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.... NOT attacking the home... Just sad at the apparent demise in what made Great Britain great!
Never mind, McDonald's might pull their socks up and make Great Britain great again.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

It wasn't meant as a whiney .. It was a simple wow at how things have gone downhill. And had anyone else seen or got the same impression

Hey at least I didn't phone the papers about my neighbours

And yes I did call carphone whorehouse ... My sister in law is elderly and doesn't need a greedy little tyke trying to take advantage of her.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't meant as a whiney .. It was a simple wow at how things have gone downhill. And had anyone else seen or got the same impression

Hey at least I didn't phone the papers about my neighbours

And yes I did call carphone whorehouse ... My sister in law is elderly and doesn't need a greedy little tyke trying to take advantage of her.
Well all I can note about the UK is that 11 years of austerity and 3 years of Brexshite has really taken its toll. Income inequity is terrible, is unlikely to ever improve and people (certainly outside of London) have no aspiration. The infrastructure looks tired and is clearly short of investment. Parts of the UK look like they have been attacked by a zombie apocalypse that is still ongoing. The men are fat and pale, the women are fat and orange, the kids are monsters. It's sad to see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.