Record tickets?

Old Aug 13th 2006, 3:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Record tickets?

"PHOENIX, Arizona (Reuters) - As a mortgage broker in Arizona, Francesca Cisneros is used to working with big numbers. It's the double-digit speed limits she has trouble with.

Cisneros racked up 70 speeding tickets in the last five months, a record for the Scottsdale Police Department, police said on Friday...."

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...NG.xml&src=rss

So err....yeah, anyone find there getting more speeding tickets or anything like that over here than in blighty? what about when out of state?

I've been careful and not gotten anything, though have noticed a lot of cops stopping people around here on way to work left right and centre for going slightly over...crazy....
Old Aug 13th 2006, 3:56 pm
Guest21

Default Re: Record tickets?

Originally Posted by Bob
"PHOENIX, Arizona (Reuters) - As a mortgage broker in Arizona, Francesca Cisneros is used to working with big numbers. It's the double-digit speed limits she has trouble with.

Cisneros racked up 70 speeding tickets in the last five months, a record for the Scottsdale Police Department, police said on Friday...."

So err....yeah, anyone find there getting more speeding tickets or anything like that over here than in blighty? what about when out of state?

I've been careful and not gotten anything, though have noticed a lot of cops stopping people around here on way to work left right and centre for going slightly over...crazy....
The Cops in the US seem to be power crazy more so then the UK they will book you for anything do they work on commission?
I have not had a ticket nothing yet in 3 years here and admit its been luck they have been a few times I deserved one.

We have a cop that sits up the road every morning 7-9 and if you go over the 30mph even slightly the bastard comes after you.

Just a bit off track but the Cops here seem to be alot shorter here in the US then back home in the Uk??I have seen some I swear were no more the 5ft 4ins don't they have a height limit they look a joke alot of them.

Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

I got stopped out here for speeding the first few years I was in AZ, I was very lucky though as after pi$$ing the cop off a lot handing him all sorts of papers from the glove compartment (as I didn't have a clue what I was actually looking for) he got a call to go to an incedent near by so threw my stuff back in my window, told me to slow down and roared off into the night.

I was very wary about speeding in NJ....I never got stopped but the cops out there stopped quite a few people I know and didn't give them a speeding ticket even though they were speeding, but gave them a ticket for stupid things such as air freshener on rear view mirror or not wearing a seatbelt....all so they didn't have to show up in court...
Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I believe almost all of her tickets were issued by speed/red light cameras on the 101 freeway. Scottsdale is the only place in the country with freeway cameras I believe. The locals freaked out when they were put up, similar to how they did when roundabouts were talked about.

I've never had a ticket and I drive through at least 3 sets of those cameras each morning on the way to work. They let you go up to 75mph on a 65mph road before you actually get a ticket! and my opinion on this particular women is that she should get an instant multi year ban for flaunting the system so badly.

The current record speed recorded by the freeway cams is 147mph by a guy driving a rental Hyandi!
Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:13 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
The current record speed recorded by the freeway cams is 147mph by a guy driving a rental Hyandi!
Is that even possible?
Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Is that even possible?
It caused quite a stir locally. One car dealer I drive by had one out on display along with "147mph" painted across the window. lol
Old Aug 13th 2006, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whiskers

Just a bit off track but the Cops here seem to be alot shorter here in the US then back home in the Uk??I have seen some I swear were no more the 5ft 4ins don't they have a height limit they look a joke alot of them.
Height dose not matter, when they have a Gun We've got a little wee Lady one around here, 4ft 10 if that
Old Aug 13th 2006, 6:24 pm
Guest21

Originally Posted by britvic
Height dose not matter, when they have a Gun We've got a little wee Lady one around here, 4ft 10 if that
Yes I guess you are right but I find it hard to take a dwarf cop seriously just does not seem right some how.

Old Aug 13th 2006, 6:36 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

No, but my husband has had 4 citations for Toll violations in Illinois. The funny thing is a)he's never been to Illinois and b)it's a rental car driven by someone with a different name and a different licence on record for our address, but they won't believe it wasn't him. :scared:
After several calls and letters they are now saying they can't schedule a hearing as the violations are at an already escalated level. :scared:
He's managed to use some connections and enlisted the help of an attorney (foc) to try and help us.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 7:36 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Threw away the tickets because she thought nothing could happen to her????

Not someone you'd want for a mortgage broker, eh?
Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
excellent free advertising for the car then

who'd have thought that was possible *l*

The lack of speed camera's in Maine is rather nice...there's a few around here, but what I think is weird, are those things that flash what speed your going, there's one on a stretch of "roadworks"...nothing been done on that stretch of road since I've been here...and everyone slows down for it and then speeds up after, but there's no camera *l*
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:10 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
excellent free advertising for the car then

who'd have thought that was possible *l*

The lack of speed camera's in Maine is rather nice...there's a few around here, but what I think is weird, are those things that flash what speed your going, there's one on a stretch of "roadworks"...nothing been done on that stretch of road since I've been here...and everyone slows down for it and then speeds up after, but there's no camera *l*
I was doing business with a company in Maine, while the Seabrook nuke was being built. They told us, in a meeting, that they might lose the services of their, estimating manager as he had had one or two, and passed a police car on his way home. The police car was in pursuit at the time. Another guy there ran on an older road than 95, and coming up to the top of a hill, his radar detector went off so he slowed down and was legal as he came over the hill, but they pulled him over anyway. he said, "No way you got me I was legal as I came over the hill. They laughed and pointed up to the guy in the sky.

Also back then, the NH cops had switches on their radar antenae. Your detector didn't find them until they flipped the switch, when you were in plain sight, and it was too late to slow down.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I was doing business with a company in Maine, while the Seabrook nuke was being built. They told us, in a meeting, that they might lose the services of their, estimating manager as he had had one or two, and passed a police car on his way home. The police car was in pursuit at the time. Another guy there ran on an older road than 95, and coming up to the top of a hill, his radar detector went off so he slowed down and was legal as he came over the hill, but they pulled him over anyway. he said, "No way you got me I was legal as I came over the hill. They laughed and pointed up to the guy in the sky.

Also back then, the NH cops had switches on their radar antenae. Your detector didn't find them until they flipped the switch, when you were in plain sight, and it was too late to slow down.
On I-95, yeah, cops are everywhere with detectors, but there's hardly any cameras on the road and only a few mobile cameras on the rest of the state...and NH, there's loads, and always getting people with the choppers...
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:17 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Been driving over 20 years, and never had a ticket in the UK - got stopped on Christmas Eve morning doing 80 on the A1 but they were only interested in breathalysing me and then sent me on my way.

Went to Singapore and regularly paid "fines" to the cops on the North/South highway to KL - never saw any paperwork, just got pulled over by the cops to make donations to their retirement funds "We'll send you the ticket in the mail"..."do you want my address then?"..."No need !!"

Got done once here on the way back from Austin on 71 - late at night, very little else on the road, good weather, good visibility, dual carriageway, doing 75 in a 65 limit.....toddled up behind a car and as I went past him, noticed the reflective shield on his door and he lipped his lights on - did me for 73 in a 65 limit. Git.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 1:13 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

After a decade of driving ticket-free in the UK, and nearly three years without a ticket here in TX, they finally got me... and boy did they get me!

Feeling full of the joys of spring one morning, I put on some loud music (funny, I typed "lout music" the first time - same thing) and headed off to work. Got on the freeway access road and saw that the freeway was moving even slower than its usual 15mph. Shot down the middle lane of the access road at 55mph in a 45mph zone. Suddenly a cop steps right out into the road in front of me and points for me to pull over. I do, and the first thing he says is "I'm citing you for not using your turn signal when I pulled you over". Then he cites me for speeding. Two citations on one ticket mean no Drivers Ed for me, just a $350 fine and 90 days probation. Bastard had the nerve to thank me for being so civil, and told me that nobody in Texas uses their turn signals either! Didn't bust me for my Union Jack front plate though.

Oh, and it wasn't just the end of the month, but also the end of the financial year. Quotas to make, I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.