Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Realtor question - seller realtor participation in showings

Realtor question - seller realtor participation in showings

Old May 27th 2017, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Realtor question - seller realtor participation in showings

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Seller's agent is usually only present if it's an open house. I thinkit's generally believed to be best if the potential buyer gets to look around without the seller or their agent present. They can take their time and also allows them to feel like it is their future home rather than the home of the present owner if that makes sense?
I can completely see that. I went to a couple for sale by owner properties and it felt awkward wanting to poke around with the owners present.

I felt like needing to ask permission to open closets to see how big they were.
Old May 30th 2017, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169

I felt like needing to ask permission to open closets to see how big they were.
When we were house hunting, I was quite disappointed that I didn't have the opportunity to ask the lady of the house we were visiting if I could take a peek in her (kitchen) drawers.

We met a seller's agent at an open house but he did keep himself out of the way and met the seller's agent for the house we close on in ten days when we had a home inspection carried out, handy as we were able to quiz him on some details that we might not have considered on a shorter time home viewing.
Old May 30th 2017, 8:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Locally, from what I've heard, sellers agent is usually present if the house is used as a rental and tenants have pets, especially dogs.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 3:44 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

closest ive been to sellers agent is them leaving their brochures and cards on the counter whilst we look at the home with our agent. This was the case when we were looking in Ohio, and again when we were looking in Texas.

In fact id go so far to say it was a good thing i never got to meet the sellers agent on this house as i wanted to deck her after all the hassle she caused us.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

We recently bought a house and saw maybe 20 houses. None of them (unless they were open houses) had the sellers agent there.

I never spoke or saw the sellers agent or the sellers when we bought our home. Just a really nice welcome package and a congrats on your first home note on the counter from the sellers themselves.

Last edited by Smartyy; Jun 2nd 2017 at 3:57 pm. Reason: Clarification.