Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Ray made me do this!

Ray made me do this!

Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ray made me do this!

Originally Posted by Rete
Hey Stoooo

Welcome to BE. BTW don't wear the Davy Crocket coon tail hat on here. Ray might think you are a squirrel and shoot.
OMG! LMFAO! This just reminded that my OH does actually have a coon hat!! He's never worn it that I'm aware of and it's packed up somewhere thank god!

Welcome to BE Stu. My husband is yet another from the same area.

Soooo..what do you Scots think of that awful commercial for synthetic oil with the crazy dude in tartan that goes around smacking people with a dipstick and saying "Think with your dipstick, Jimmy!"
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu_67
After quietly wandering the halls of BE for a while now, I thought that I should follow the rules of Ray-who-should (sometimes) be obeyed, and say hello and introduce myself.

As you can see from my highly original username, I'm Stuart (or Stoooooart as the locals say it). Moved across the pond in Aug 2007 on a IR-1 visa with my USC better half and 3 children and settled in small town Wisconsin (no, I have no idea why either ). In our two years here, our household has grown, to include two foster kids and two cats (the true masters of our home ).

I am originally from Clydebank, just outside Glasgow, but 23 years in RAF, serving Queen, country and whoever was in the White House, has seen me living in numerous muddy fields, deserts and such exotic places as Belize and Basingstoke! Having retired from this glamorous lifestyle, I now spend my nights building corporate jets for car company execs to fly on begging trips to Washington in.

There that's me introduced. Having now broken my silence, I look forward to joining the serious discussions you all have here and getting to know all you good folks better.

Best wishes,

Stu
where in WI are you? I'm in Sheboygan pretty frequently. The people there are so friendly.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

And I was just about to go out and buy myself one........guess I'll have to go to plan B and get a tartan stetson instead......thanks for the advice.
gods help me, they actually make one. Are those tartan capris???!

Welcome aboard.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:05 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13

Soooo..what do you Scots think of that awful commercial for synthetic oil with the crazy dude in tartan that goes around smacking people with a dipstick and saying "Think with your dipstick, Jimmy!"
omg, how much do I hate that ad and I've got nothing to do with a Scotsman. WTF do they think they are accomplishing with that and what other ethnic group could you portray in that evil way without being pilloried for it?
I do not get that one. (although the marketer in me says 'at least you remember the product...')
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
gods help me, they actually make one. Are those tartan capris???!
http://www.blackgoldtartan.com/images/models6.jpg

Welcome aboard.
Am I losing my mind here...or does anyone else think that looks kind of sexy
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Am I losing my mind here...or does anyone else think that looks kind of sexy
chavalicious
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
chavalicious
good word, I'm gonna keep it for future use!
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Stu., liked the intro. I seems have escaped Ray's evil eye when I started!! No threats, no tasser, wonder what he's saving up for me ..... no, let's not go there lol.

My most favourite programme that was based in Scotland was Tutti Fruitti with Robbie Coltrain and Emma Thompson. Absolutely classic and I've just found out they have released it on DVD, will def. be getting a copy of that.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pejpm1
where in WI are you? I'm in Sheboygan pretty frequently. The people there are so friendly.
I'm in Ripon, about 55 miles west of Sheboygan. Wisconsin people are very friendly and have made us feel very welcome here.

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Can't say that I've seen it. Unless a commercial involves hunting, Brett Farve or the Green Bay Packers, our local stations probably won't show it.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Welcome Stu., liked the intro. I seems have escaped Ray's evil eye when I started!! No threats, no tasser, wonder what he's saving up for me ..... no, let's not go there lol.
I think you might be safe as it seems he only dislikes Scots.........however I may be very wrong about this.

Originally Posted by MandyNi
My most favourite programme that was based in Scotland was Tutti Fruitti with Robbie Coltrain and Emma Thompson. Absolutely classic and I've just found out they have released it on DVD, will def. be getting a copy of that.
Brilliant TV show, may have to treat myself to a copy too.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:21 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I think you might be safe as it seems he only dislikes Scots.........however I may be very wrong about this.
Bleedin Irish are just as bad ...bunch of didicoys and tinkers
thieving bastards as well ....
Old Jul 17th 2009, 5:55 am
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Ray, you are so funny.
Welcome to BE Stoooooooooart - lovely intro.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

AFFS we don't even know what the term didicoys means and as for tinker or thief ............. hmmm g'me that eye outta yer head so I can have a closer look, I might just be!

Oh n as yer not using them give us the eyelashes too!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Stu to the wacky world, that is BE, be strong ...look, learn and listen and enjoy.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:20 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

I have never been able to understand how you lot speak so I am sure that the conversations you have with those bloody cheese-head yokels in WI has to be a lesson in mirth.

Sod what Ray thinks anyway...you are a pixel so he doesn't really care...maybe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.