Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Qwerk on amazon.co.uk

Qwerk on amazon.co.uk

Old Dec 7th 2020, 8:58 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Qwerk on amazon.co.uk

I was using amazon.co.uk to order stuff for the grand kids. The delivery dates were 2 weeks or so and one item was showing not available. On that item my son in then UK was seeing several sellers with the item in stock.

Using a VPN to show my computer being in the UK I got normal delivery times, and the unavailable item I could also see several sellers with stock. Just a heads up if amazon.co.uk shows protected delivery or unavailable, it's worth trying a VPN. All items ordered Saturday and delivered today.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 9:09 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qwerk on amazon.co.uk

Interesting, as I have just spent a frustrating couple of hours trying to choose a t-shirt for my nephew. Do you think that items where it states upfront “Out of stock. We do not know when this item will be back in stock” would fall into the category you cite, or is that a different situation?
Old Dec 7th 2020, 10:03 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Interesting, as I have just spent a frustrating couple of hours trying to choose a t-shirt for my nephew. Do you think that items where it states upfront “Out of stock. We do not know when this item will be back in stock” would fall into the category you cite, or is that a different situation?
I didn't see the out of stock notification so I don't know, but I'd guess that is slightly different.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 10:05 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I didn't see the out of stock notification so I don't know, but I'd guess that is slightly different.
Thanks. I had a feeling it probably was.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

I've been doing tons of grocery shopping on Amazon Prime since Covid's invasion.

The notation - "“Out of stock. We do not know when this item will be back in stock” will often pop up when I try to order several different grocery items. But frequently the out-of-stock item becomes available again the same day. I leave the item in my cart where it appears greyed out. And voilá .... when back in stock - it shows as it does normally.
That's what's occurring now on both Amazon Whole Foods and Amazon Fresh for Silk Original Unsweetened Soy Milk 64 oz.

But I guess it would be risky to count on that happening with a gift you want to send before Xmas...
Old Dec 7th 2020, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
I've been doing tons of grocery shopping on Amazon Prime since Covid's invasion.

The notation - "“Out of stock. We do not know when this item will be back in stock”
That is a real PITA, because if it was on a regular shipment from Amazon grocery, the buggers cancel the order for the item, even when it comes back into stock, and you have to restart it yourself.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 1:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

My mom was having the same issue with Amazon Canada, item showed in stock for me in Canada, but when she checked it said out of stock, so she just sent a gift card instead, never came across this problem before and only seemed to have started in the past couple of weeks.

Old Dec 8th 2020, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

It acts as if I want to have the item shipped to the US until I tell it otherwise. They seem to exclude some stuff shipped from their tax haven depots, I don't know if it is for logistical reasons or legal reasons, but once it knows you are shipping to a UK address then it is happy.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 4:36 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

An update to my UK Amazon saga . . . I went back to the site today and realized for the first time that there was a flag at the top left (that I'm sure wasn't there in prior years) indicating that my order would be shipped to the US. When I corrected that to the UK address I was shopping for, items that had been noted as out of stock mysteriously became available. So do look out for that ship-to box at the top of the page.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 4:39 pm

An update to my UK Amazon saga . . . I went back to the site today and realized for the first time that there was a flag at the top left (that I'm sure wasn't there in prior years) indicating that my order would be shipped to the US. When I corrected that to the UK address I was shopping for, items that had been noted as out of stock mysteriously became available. So do look out for that ship-to box at the top of the page.
That has been added recently I think. Don't recall seeing it before.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 5:06 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Originally Posted by lansbury
That has been added recently I think. Don't recall seeing it before.
That's why I pointed it out. It's been some time since I ordered on Amazon UK, but it very definitely wasn't there then, and it made a difference to my potential order.