Reload this Page >

A quick hello and kudos!

A quick hello and kudos!

Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

pooc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A quick hello and kudos!

Hello there forum members,

Would just like to say hello from me and a huge thank you to the fountain of knowledge that is this website, I've learnt a massive amount just reading up for the last hour or so.

A little about me, I am an aeronautical engineer by academics, but have never worked in the industry anywhere. Since graduating I started working for other companies and a few years back started my own company that has done relatively well.

My green card came through a few months back and am waiting to come over. I am looking to set up a similiar kind of company to what I do over here in New York; currently nearly 40% of our turnover comes from the East Coast, and I can easily see us tripling our revenue if I'm over there full-time. With regards to the UK arm of things, I'll leave that in the capable hands of my good old dad who will look after things.

While I was there last time to collect my green card I got myself a license and opened up a bank account on my sister's address, so I have proof of ID and proof of address, not anything major but the starting blocks are there.

I am currently looking for properties both residential and industrial but I'm sure I'd find better deals once I'm over there so just ironing out the details before I make the plunge.

Just wanted to say a quick hello (which has turned into an essay, apologies!) and hope to be of some help to you all as you have already been to me.

Regards

Pooc
Old Aug 8th 2013, 10:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A quick hello and kudos!

Hi Pooc, welcome to BE! .... Are you going to be in the NYC area, or somewhere else on the east coast?
Old Aug 8th 2013, 10:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and got luck in setting yourself up!
Old Aug 8th 2013, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

pooc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Hi Pooc, welcome to BE! .... Are you going to be in the NYC area, or somewhere else on the east coast?
Hi Pulaski, Bob too, thanks for your welcome. Looking to set myself up just outside Manhattan, somewhere along the Hoboken/Jersey City/Elizabeth areas. Having lived in London my whole life fancy a bit more space but need to be close to Gotham!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 2:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well there plenty of info about that area, on the residential side at least