Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Putting a pool in...

Putting a pool in...

Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:32 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Putting a pool in...

Rain forecast for the weekend.....don't forget to put the plug in if you want a free fill!

How's it coming along?
Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:36 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Sago palms.....I pruned mine last week...the fronds were right down to ground level, so I did a fairly severe prune to expose about 18" of trunk. That involved reaching right in and under to get close enough to the trunk. By the time I had finished, I was covered in red sores from wrist to elbow of my right arm. Not sure if it was from the points on the fronds, or that white dust, but it looked pretty nasty. Has gone down now, but will definitely be wearing long sleeves next time I go anywhere near.....
Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:48 am
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Rain forecast for the weekend.....don't forget to put the plug in if you want a free fill!

How's it coming along?
We started filling it at 11.30am yesterday and it has another few hours to go I'd say.

Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:58 am

Looks good (apart from looking like its been filled by the barman in our local, that is.....)
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:01 am
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good (apart from looking like its been filled by the barman in our local, that is.....)
Haha, the pool builder said 'we're gonna fill her up and it's going to like like its full of Mountain Dew... Don't stress, as soon as we add chemicals it will clear right up and become blue!'
Old Sep 19th 2013, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I was just wondering whether you were swimming yet... looks like you will be then in 24 hrs. We had to truck in water as we are on a well so that was the quickest part of the whole process for us! 2 hrs!
This weekend we may try out the heater as air temp will be 79F so sure that the pool wont be warm enough for me (15 yrs in the Caribbean have spoiled me).

How long has it been now - start to finish?
Old Sep 19th 2013, 3:26 pm
Rootbeeraholic

It's been about 7 weeks to-date and there's maybe another 3-4 days work on tidying up, grading, sod and stamped overlay on the decking.

We did actually go in it today. We weren't going to but the builder wanted me to go down the slide so he could tweak the flow to it and the waterfall so that ended with us all going down the slide (it's awesome - every bit as good as we hoped)!

Our water is reading at 86F which is really pretty good considering it just got filled. My wife was complaining it was too cold though!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 3:26 pm
Rootbeeraholic

It's been about 7 weeks to-date and there's maybe another 3-4 days work on tidying up, grading, sod and stamped overlay on the decking.

We did actually go in it today. We weren't going to but the builder wanted me to go down the slide so he could tweak the flow to it and the waterfall so that ended with us all going down the slide (it's awesome - every bit as good as we hoped)!

Our water is reading at 86F which is really pretty good considering it just got filled. My wife was complaining it was too cold though!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:27 pm

86!!! Have they hooked the hose to the hot tap?
Old Sep 20th 2013, 12:34 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, ours is 86' too.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 12:35 am
Rootbeeraholic

86!!! Have they hooked the hose to the hot tap?
I know!! Our water taps don't exactly come out cold. I don't know where the water sits but it doesn't sit somewhere cold!!!

The pool does get uninterrupted sun all day too.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Weeze
Yep, ours is 86' too.
Ours is 88, but it's been sitting in the sun staying nice and warm all summer.....it wouldn't be that warm coming out of the garden hose!
Old Sep 20th 2013, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Bink
I know!! Our water taps don't exactly come out cold. I don't know where the water sits but it doesn't sit somewhere cold!!!

The pool does get uninterrupted sun all day too.
Our hot water is almost dangerously hot in the summer....we've got a black roof, water heaters in the attic, and even on lowest setting, it still comes out scorching. It's just starting to cool down a bit now....
Old Sep 20th 2013, 1:06 am
Rootbeeraholic

Old Sep 20th 2013, 1:08 am
Rootbeeraholic

The water is a little green but its only just starting up and will be a lot more blue in a few days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.