Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

A proper Cincinnati welcome for Clarissageo

A proper Cincinnati welcome for Clarissageo

Old May 26th 2008, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default A proper Cincinnati welcome for Clarissageo

Hi there,

I thought you might enjoy this video. Clarissageo - not sure exactly when you're coming to town - but it looks like the welcoming party will be here for you when you do!

The cicada Brood X will be with us for the next 6 weeks ... focused in your part of town.

Just think of it as an experience ... this one is waving hello to you.

Edited to have - just having a little fun with you Clarissa.

Last edited by Kaffy Mintcake; May 26th 2008 at 4:42 pm.
Old May 26th 2008, 11:52 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A proper Cincinnati welcome for Clarissageo

omg, omg omg, I think I just heaved lol

Hubby is sat here now wetting himself laughing

Old May 27th 2008, 1:19 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

eek - we have those in Ohio?

they look like alien lifeforms - what do they do?

the only saving grace is when the bloke picks it up they are actually a lot smaller than my brain had imaged from the first shot!
Old May 27th 2008, 1:22 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I did just check on wiki about them, and OMG, I think I may stay here for another year lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magicicada

they really are coming to welcome us ewwwwww
Old May 27th 2008, 1:26 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

im hoping like mad that the little beasties say in 'southern' ohio like the article says.
Old May 27th 2008, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui

You better believe we have 'em in Ohio. There was a large brood in the Cleveland area several years ago. The sound of millions of them is otherworldly. Although they're startling to look at, they are completely harmless.
Old May 27th 2008, 1:50 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

im hoping like mad that the little beasties say in 'southern' ohio like the article says.
fat chance of that. We get them up here on the lake

Couple of weeks back I was clearing up by our compost heap and found a couple of shed body casings from them. Looked really weird to see
Old May 27th 2008, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
omg, omg omg, I think I just heaved lol

Hubby is sat here now wetting himself laughing

Here are some survival tips for you ...
Old May 27th 2008, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I did just check on wiki about them, and OMG, I think I may stay here for another year lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magicicada

they really are coming to welcome us ewwwwww
I told my husband where you were moving and he said "oh, that's where they are supposed to be the worst!" Then he added "be sure to tell her that there will only be 2-3 billion, and Snappy Tomato Pizza makes a cicada pizza".

They really are harmless - but are a bit of a shock if you aren't expecting them!
Old May 27th 2008, 10:07 pm
Dizzy Blonde

hmmmm

I suddenly remembered I have super-urgent business to take care of in the UK now.... maybe i'll get over there around christmas time.......
Old May 28th 2008, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

the only saving grace is when the bloke picks it up they are actually a lot smaller than my brain had imaged from the first shot!
Just in Cinci saw a few of these lovely critters.The seem to make a noise and thats it.
My grandsons remark was OOOh good bring out the tennis racket.
What I did see that I have never seen before were large wood boring wasps
that bore into the side of the house and nest.Now they were scarey and also quite large.
Old May 28th 2008, 1:43 am
Dizzy Blonde

Originally Posted by Hove
Just in Cinci saw a few of these lovely critters.The seem to make a noise and thats it.
My grandsons remark was OOOh good bring out the tennis racket.
What I did see that I have never seen before were large wood boring wasps
that bore into the side of the house and nest.Now they were scarey and also quite large.
Yep, I'm staying here
Old May 28th 2008, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

Yep, I'm staying here
Thats why I came back to Idaho,My Kids live that way.
Old May 28th 2008, 1:47 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
You better believe we have 'em in Ohio. There was a large brood in the Cleveland area several years ago. The sound of millions of them is otherworldly. Although they're startling to look at, they are completely harmless.
When I was a kid, my brother and I would have contests on how many of their "shells" we could pick off the trees. . . and there's nothing like a slice of Snappy Secada Pizza . . . ahhhhh, brings back memories.
Old May 28th 2008, 1:49 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
I told my husband where you were moving and he said "oh, that's where they are supposed to be the worst!" Then he added "be sure to tell her that there will only be 2-3 billion, and Snappy Tomato Pizza makes a cicada pizza".

They really are harmless - but are a bit of a shock if you aren't expecting them!
Snappy Secada Pizza.....I can still hear the jingle that used to play on WEBN all of the time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.