British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Pop tarts (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/pop-tarts-771445/)

Holliver Sep 13th 2012 12:31 am

Pop tarts

Hello,

My friend in the UK told me ages ago that he loves pop tarts and he was really excited about visiting me in the US (at some point) so he could eat the pop tarts here. He says that we have different flavours in the US to the UK.

Well, his birthday is coming up and I'm going home soon, so I wanted to surprise him with some pop tarty goodness (:confused_smile:) but I don't know which ones are US only ones and which ones are available in the UK as I've never really eaten them. Does anybody have any idea?

So far in the US I've seen - blueberry, strawberry, cinnamon brown sugar, hot fudge sundae and cherry. Are they all available in the UK?

Cheers :regular_smile:

Mummy in the foothills Sep 13th 2012 12:36 am

Re: Pop tarts

Have you tried going to Tesco.co.uk and Asda.co.uk and "shopping to see what flavours are over there?
My teens favorites here were brown sugar and cinnamon, and one that had marshmallows in. Yuck!
When older Ds was here last Christmas he took back twinkies and gatorade powder for his friend (their requests)

Holliver Sep 13th 2012 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 10278109)
Have you tried going to Tesco.co.uk and Asda.co.uk and "shopping to see what flavours are over there?
My teens favorites here were brown sugar and cinnamon, and one that had marshmallows in. Yuck!
When older Ds was here last Christmas he took back twinkies and gatorade powder for his friend (their requests)

Great idea, doh, why didn't I think of it. Ta.

Bob Sep 13th 2012 1:21 am

Get him one of those poptart cutters so he could make his own?

Beaverstate Sep 13th 2012 3:01 am

There are actually You Tube videos of English people eating Pop Tarts and twinkies from gift boxes sent from the states.

Holliver Sep 13th 2012 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Beaverstate (Post 10278235)
There are actually You Tube videos of English people eating Pop Tarts and twinkies from gift boxes sent from the states.

How or why on earth did you find that out?

Holliver Sep 13th 2012 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10278161)
Get him one of those poptart cutters so he could make his own?

He can barely make toast, let alone pop tarts. Thanks for the suggestion.

Beaverstate Sep 13th 2012 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Holliver (Post 10278313)
How or why on earth did you find that out?

Typical You Tube, you are watching one thing and it thinks something else is related, I watched a couple:o

GeoffM Sep 13th 2012 1:43 pm

IIRC fruity ones are probably available in the UK, whether Pop Tarts or supermarket own brand. But the more radical designs maybe not - the cinnamon brown sugar maybe, or that Olympics one they had, or the Halloween ones.

ChocolateBabz Sep 13th 2012 1:54 pm

I have a friend who loves Lucky Charms so I got her some Lucky Charms cereal bars last time we went home and a cousin who loves Kellogs Special K w/ Blueberry. Isn't it funny how the UK want the crap we don't like and all we want are our old favorites. At least we get Crunchy Nut now :thumbsup:, next we need to start a campaign for Sugar Puffs !

Will have to start making up my next US - UK shipment soon for my Aunt - Candy Corn bleurch....

GeoffM Sep 13th 2012 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz (Post 10279107)
I have a friend who loves Lucky Charms so I got her some Lucky Charms cereal bars last time we went home

I sent my sister in the UK a goodie box, including Lucky Charms as she specifically requested them!

and a cousin who loves Kellogs Special K w/ Blueberry.

Strange as I've never noticed that one in the shops - but just had some this morning here at my friend's house! (Won't be buying it but that's a different story)

Bluegrass Lass Sep 13th 2012 3:33 pm

Will have to start making up my next US - UK shipment soon for my Aunt - Candy Corn bleurch....

M&Ms now have a White Chocolate Candy Corn flavor..Since I hate candy corn, I won't try them anytime soon.

Leslie Sep 13th 2012 3:38 pm

You are all going to die.

ChocolateBabz Sep 13th 2012 3:51 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass (Post 10279284)
M&Ms now have a White Chocolate Candy Corn flavor..Since I hate candy corn, I won't try them anytime soon.

Got some of them too - here is her stash drawer so far...

Holliver Sep 13th 2012 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Beaverstate (Post 10278338)
Typical You Tube, you are watching one thing and it thinks something else is related, I watched a couple:o

Yeah, I've been there!