Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Police and Education

Police and Education

Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police and Education

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I'm sick of reading this type list. It's full of holes, for example Bill Gates was a straight A student at *HARVARD* who was compelled to leave because the time was exactly right to create MSFT and enter the home software market. Same goes for Jobs, Zuckerburg and co. But continue with your silly list..
Agreed, though I would like to the see the corresponding list of school dropouts who didn't make it as millionaires. Oh yes, quite a long list that one...
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:28 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Agreed, though I would like to the see the corresponding list of school dropouts who didn't make it as millionaires. Oh yes, quite a long list that one...
Exactly. Millions of people long I would expect who are earning significantly less than their peers who attended university.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Police work has a physical element though. Bookworms might not be so good in a tight spot.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:39 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Police work has a physical element though. Bookworms might not be so good in a tight spot.
Agreed, which is why I'm not expecting people from Russell Group's to start applying to work for £18k and the physical work involved in being a copper.

I believe there should be a fast track entry scheme for high calibre graduates to allow them to reach Superintendent level without having first to do the whole 'walk the beat' bollocks for 2 years. Funnily enough, HM chief inspector of police suggested the very same in his report, much to the outrage of the Police 'we didn't try to fit up a cabinet minister, no sir, not us' Federation.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

And just to be clear....I'm not at all interested in the "millionaire" (or not) classification.
My point has to do with the use of the word "educated".
It was a list of 100 and I started deleting one name after another (in the interest of brevity), then the number beside each name, which no longer made sense, and then the word "billionaire" in the descriptions...and then....sick of all the deleting and backspacing blah blah, left the "billionaire" characterization... and posted it (a bit at how much space it still took up.)
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MMcD
And just to be clear....I'm not at all interested in the "millionaire" (or not) classification.
My point has to do with the use of the word "educated".
It was a list of 100 and I started deleting one name after another (in the interest of brevity), then the number beside each name, which no longer made sense and then the word "billionaire" in the descriptions...and then....sick of all the deleting and backspacing blah blah, left the "billionaire" characterization... and posted it (a bit at how much space it still took up.)
Your list was a pointless waste of your time I'm afraid. Sorry.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Agreed, which is why I'm not expecting people from Russell Group's to start applying to work for £18k and the physical work involved in being a copper.

I believe there should be a fast track entry scheme for high calibre graduates to allow them to reach Superintendent level without having first to do the whole 'walk the beat' bollocks for 2 years. Funnily enough, HM chief inspector of police suggested the very same in his report, much to the outrage of the Police 'we didn't try to fit up a cabinet minister, no sir, not us' Federation.
Honestly, I've lost track of the argument, despite having a Russell Group degree.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:58 pm
Banned

Honestly, I've lost track of the argument, despite having a Russell Group degree.
Well, that makes two of us then
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Ceci n'est pas une pomme

Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MMcD
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:11 pm
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I have some degree of further education. Does that count?
Evidently not. Sorry to break it to you pal. Oh well back in the coal mine for you!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Looks up "Russell Group", woohoo *high five*!

Now, what were we talking about?
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Looks up "Russell Group", woohoo *high five*!

Now, what were we talking about?
The will to live being lost.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Some jobs for uneducated people pay quite well. Some even pay really nice pensions when the person retires.
Definitely fair play to 'em too
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You've not seen some of the cops in town then...but saying that, they could turn a barn into a tight spot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.