Pint of Carling?

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 10:29 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pint of Carling?

So we know what you serve the unwanted guests, but, what do you drink?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AmarilloJanner
Thanks for the replies some of which were very helpful, others not so much and some were a little strange! But all entertaining none the less.

Was thinking of a weekend in Denver at some stage, so maybe a quick detour to the Liquor Mart will be in order.
Sounds like a plan and depending on your relationship scenario there's some top totty there too
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 2:57 am
Just Joined

AmarilloJanner is an unknown quantity at this point

The relationship status will be the Mrs driving home while I sample the delights of liquor mart while admiring the totty from afar!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

toothy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kimilseung
So we know what you serve the unwanted guests, but, what do you drink?
Hahaha.
I mean, srsly. Carling? Why, God, why?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 1:18 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that finding good beer in Amarillo (and Texas in general) is pretty difficult, especially when compared to places like Portland, OR or San Diego... but stooping to Carling? Please, repent while you still can. At least get some Shiner or Abita or something. Southern Star and Live Oak breweries make some good stuff too. Also, drive to Dallas once in a while and stock up.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 1:26 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

It could be worse....every time I'm clearing up after having folk over I always find 6 bottles of Bud Light and Lime in the bottom of the cooler.....when I find out which tw@ts doing it they're off the list!!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
It could be worse....every time I'm clearing up after having folk over I always find 6 bottles of Bud Light and Lime in the bottom of the cooler.....when I find out which tw@ts doing it they're off the list!!
Should have a rule, person who brings the six pack with the most left over at the end of the night buys the next round at the pub/event
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

I realise this is not exactly the most important question but has anybody managed to get a pint of Carling in the U.S? Preferably in the State of Texas...
If you like Carling, you will probably like Michelob Ultra, too.

Jim.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Judging by the replies on here, I am getting the feeling that I may have single handedly kept Carling in business in the UK.

I am still refusing to drink that light beer or that pale ale nonsense though, so the hunt continues.....
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:16 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure I saw some in the HEB in Katy yesterday...according to googlemaps thats about 600 miles give or take.....thats about Lands End to Edinburgh......exactly how keen on Carling are you...? I can check properly if you like - I'd hate you to pop over and them be out of stock....
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the replies on here, I am getting the feeling that I may have single handedly kept Carling in business in the UK.

I am still refusing to drink that light beer or that pale ale nonsense though, so the hunt continues.....
You'll understand soon that the US brewing industry is alive, kicking and arguably the best in the world right now. Pretty much whatever type of beer you can think of there will be at least one brewery close to you making a high quality version of it. You're in an odd spot geographically but you can be sure that you'll find some great stores that will have some good stuff. Like these places www.partystops.com, www.crushdeli.com and http://www.575pizzeria.com/

Oh, and give the pale ale a try, it's a great style especially the American version of it.

Last edited by Duncan Roberts; Jan 26th 2011 at 6:30 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I'm pretty sure I saw some in the HEB in Katy yesterday...according to googlemaps thats about 600 miles give or take.....thats about Lands End to Edinburgh......exactly how keen on Carling are you...? I can check properly if you like - I'd hate you to pop over and them be out of stock....
600 miles?! hmmm.... Bud Light and lime suddenly seems so much more appealing!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 7:23 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know what pale ale is? I only ask because you lumped it together with 'light beer' in your response.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tonrob
Do you know what pale ale is? I only ask because you lumped it together with 'light beer' in your response.
Bass is a pale ale, right? I didn't mean to be that specific though, I just meant there is a large selection of local(ish) brewed beers and ales around here but they are not to my taste! I like my beer to be like my food, very plain and not fruity!

Duncan Roberts, Thanks for the websites, luckily I have a Party Stop down the road. The decent selection of lager raised my hopes enough to ask the Carling question in the first place.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Bass is a pale ale, right?
It's an English pale ale, American pale ale is very different. American versions use American hops which are citrusy/piney and American yeast which is very clean and not fruity at all. A cold on on a hot day goes down nice. Sierra Nevada pale ale is very common and pretty good entry level version.