Pets?

Old Sep 19th 2006, 2:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pets?

Right, so how has them and what are they?

And more importantly, where do you get the shite for them from? Online, big chains or little local places?

I've got a couple rats, and get the aspen bedding from petco for cheap, though have used them online when in maine because postage was cheaper than driving to the nearest....now down here, the local monster petco never has any staff and it's a tad scary...tried a couple local pet stores, one was monging, the other was more of a cat shelter that funded itself by selling pet products and some other animals, which weren't to badly priced and clean...but kind of curious if the other chains are any good and the like?
Old Sep 19th 2006, 2:53 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pets?

Pets aargh. I like animals - in their natural habitat. But the kids are keeping on and on and on about getting a pet - think I have managed to bargain it down from dogs to rabbits but I've no idea how you look after them here - I think you have to keep them inside because of coyotes.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 2:55 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

We've got a 'bargain basement' dog we rescued for $65, a couple of tanks of fish, and my daughter has a rat too. She loves the little furry mite and looks after him, feeds him and cleans him all by herself. Not bad for an 11 year old.

Normally just go to Petco to get the recycled paper bedding, rat food and fish food. Poor little blighter sneezes all the time if we give him woodchip bedding.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 2:57 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Only got a fish tank at the moment. This morning there were 8 fish and half a dozen shrimp in there, but the number goes up and down quite regularly Attrition rate slowed quite a bit once the petshop told us to stop using tap water and treating it with chemicals - even then its too crap for them to live in. Now the spoilt little sods live in Ozarka bottled water....

we use petco, but probably going to start using walmart, cos the lass in the local petco is an absolute fanatic about her job, to the point of being a pain in the 'arris. I'm there with the 3 kids all arguing about whether to get black,orange or sky blue pink with yellow dots on and she's going on for half an hour about the relative merit of flake fishfood over pellets. She seems to know her stuff, bless her, but has no knack for reading the cues that say please stop yakking and check me out so I can go and restrain the little buggers in their car seats!

think we're going to venture into the realms of hamsters or gerbils shortly. Or maybe mice - I think we've got some spare in the attic...if I could only catch them without breaking their necks, I reckon it'll be a doddle to convince the wife that they're a rare breed of hamster......
Old Sep 19th 2006, 3:05 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

We have a Psycho Cat from hell, he reminds me of Kato from the Pink Panther movies.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

I have a dog that I flew from Milwaukee to Phoenix to collect..mad I know but once I knew what breed I wanted I then discovered they are as rare as rocking horse preverbials but by then I was absolutely obsessed with getting one. Am now a happy dog owner. I drive a few miles to get her a natural food which was recommended and they dont sell at Petco unfortunately.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 3:33 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

No pets here,but Mr.Ransi's going on and on about getting a dog...
Nothing against them,just dont want the responsibility of caring for an animal..
Wouldn't mind a goldfish.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 3:39 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Two Bloodhounds Wally's world
two cats Wally's world
two geese
three ducks
ten turkeys
two pigs (all from the farm supply)
Old Sep 19th 2006, 3:40 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Right, so how has them and what are they?

And more importantly, where do you get the shite for them from? Online, big chains or little local places?

I've got a couple rats, and get the aspen bedding from petco for cheap, though have used them online when in maine because postage was cheaper than driving to the nearest....now down here, the local monster petco never has any staff and it's a tad scary...tried a couple local pet stores, one was monging, the other was more of a cat shelter that funded itself by selling pet products and some other animals, which weren't to badly priced and clean...but kind of curious if the other chains are any good and the like?
I've got a pair of rats, both boys, now about 15 months old. I buy Carefresh for their litter and Carefresh Ultra when it's on special at Petco which is where I also buy the Carefresh. I don't bother with the colored Carefresh. It's not like the rats like the colors.

I buy the rats "lab block" in bulk mail order from a rodent charity but I supplement their diet with fresh fruit and veg and the odd Yogie (or "rat crack" as I like to call it).

There's also a local rodent rescue non-profit org and I buy the odd thing from them too (treats).

NC Penguin
Old Sep 19th 2006, 3:41 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I've got a pair of rats, both boys, now about 15 months old. I buy Carefresh for their litter and Carefresh Ultra when it's on special at Petco which is where I also buy the Carefresh. I don't bother with the colored Carefresh. It's not like the rats like the colors.

I buy the rats "lab block" in bulk mail order from a rodent charity but I supplement their diet with fresh fruit and veg and the odd Yogie (or "rat crack" as I like to call it).

There's also a local rodent rescue non-profit org and I buy the odd thing from them too (treats).

NC Penguin
You have a caring side
Old Sep 19th 2006, 4:22 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
Pets aargh. I like animals - in their natural habitat. But the kids are keeping on and on and on about getting a pet - think I have managed to bargain it down from dogs to rabbits but I've no idea how you look after them here - I think you have to keep them inside because of coyotes.
rabbits, keep 'em indoors...
Old Sep 19th 2006, 4:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake

Normally just go to Petco to get the recycled paper bedding, rat food and fish food. Poor little blighter sneezes all the time if we give him woodchip bedding.
i've tried that, and the rats ain't to keen on it...though they do randomly sneeze away with the aspen too, which is rather amusing
Old Sep 19th 2006, 4:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by ladylisa
I have a dog that I flew from Milwaukee to Phoenix to collect..mad I know but once I knew what breed I wanted I then discovered they are as rare as rocking horse preverbials but by then I was absolutely obsessed with getting one. Am now a happy dog owner. I drive a few miles to get her a natural food which was recommended and they dont sell at Petco unfortunately.
after all that, what's the mutt?
Old Sep 19th 2006, 4:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

I buy the rats "lab block" in bulk mail order from a rodent charity...
now that stuff, I've not been able to get any of my rats to eat that shite, they keep throwing it out of the change, they'll eat anyole kack before they touch that stuff *l*
Old Sep 19th 2006, 4:36 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

2 that cost me a fortune....as pictured here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.