Pet Peeves?

Old Nov 13th 2011, 3:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Egg fried rice, or sweet and sour chicken, tend to mean the same thing whatever chinese you go into, Bob.
Aye, but it's everything else that's the problem, the types of noodles for a start

Anyway..todays grumble. Cordless phones, more to the point, people who don't put them back in the base after using it, so you spend ages trying to find the bugger when it goes off....well ours, the ringer is on the base station not the handset, so you can't even listen out for it.

My local footie team, losing three on the bounce, two matches to the same club no less, at least one was only a crappy cup.

Kids games where you can't protect player profiles...my daughter has deleted her profile for a bunch of games now, made worse when the last time it was my Peggle one...grrrr....

People not looking where they are going in grocery shops, stopping randomly in front of you, or banging into your ankles with their trolly and not apologising for it.

People who sit right up against you on a bench, bug off there isn't room...gets creepy when someone else gets up and the person then doesn't move over.

I had more...but I'll rest for now...
Old Nov 13th 2011, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Cyclists who don't understand that the California vehicle code requires vehicles to merge into the bike lane before making a right turn and yell at you for blocking "their" lane when you are stopped at a red light (a concept which appears to be completely unknown to them) while waiting to make a legal right turn.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 10:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Deli cut cheese, when it all sticks together and becomes one block....what was the point of that.

People who don't cut a block of cheese in a straight cut, so you end up with weird lumps and a big mess.

The big one...what smeg headed lump of foreskin thought that it would be a good idea to allow learner drivers on the interstate in MA? The drivers are shit enough without adding learners...even Maine had the good sense to not allow learners on the motorway.

Knobends.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 11:27 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
Cyclists who don't understand that the California vehicle code requires vehicles to merge into the bike lane before making a right turn and yell at you for blocking "their" lane when you are stopped at a red light (a concept which appears to be completely unknown to them) while waiting to make a legal right turn.
We have a helluva problem in downtown Savannah with the SCAD students. The situation is that a majority of the cyclists are Asian, coming from countries where bikes ARE a popular and often necessary form of transport, however the rules of the road HERE don't seem to mean squat to them- wrong way on one way street, running lights and the list goes on......
Old Nov 14th 2011, 12:26 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
Originally Posted by cindyabs
We have a helluva problem in downtown Savannah with the SCAD students. The situation is that a majority of the cyclists are Asian, coming from countries where bikes ARE a popular and often necessary form of transport, however the rules of the road HERE don't seem to mean squat to them- wrong way on one way street, running lights and the list goes on......
Whilst on the cyclist rant...
Cyclists that contrary to traffic law, insist on riding against the flow of the traffic, rather than with it. They don't seem to understand that it's impossible to slow down to overtake them safely, when they're the ones closing the gap between you and them. Effing dipsticks.
It's little surprise that Florida is so high on the list of cyclist fatalities.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Dripping taps. The tap in our kitchen has been fixed lots of time, including replacing the taps etc, and it stays fixed for a few days and then starts dripping again.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:10 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

People that say things like, "Smile, it's not so bad." Seriously, I will stab you and then we'll revisit just how bad it is.

Oh, and combined names like JoePa or JLo or couple names like Brangelina. STOP IT. It's not big and it's not clever. Are people really so hard put to type out a whole entire name? Good grief.

Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
People that say things like, "Smile, it's not so bad." Seriously, I will stab you and then we'll revisit just how bad it is.

Oh, and combined names like JoePa or JLo or couple names like Brangelina. STOP IT. It's not big and it's not clever. Are people really so hard put to type out a whole entire name? Good grief.

I know, it's pathetic

Love from
SugMoo xx
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:29 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

People who buy a car with a 'Sport' or 'S' trim level and then proceed to drive 5 mph below the speed limit. Bastards.

The twonk this morning in a Prius with the number plate 'LESGAS 1'. Smug bastard, but thank **** I got around him, he was worse than the other one I got stuck behind - he'd amassed a queue of about 15 cars quite a bit behind me after the merge on Rt.12. Of course you use less gas when you drive like a bloody pussy ...

Not a good idea to sit up all night playing Formula 1 on the computer when you have to drive to work the next morning
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Britishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant future

A driver with the number plate 'RESPEC' who just pulls out of a parking slot into main traffic and does not even look - just downright rude and annoying - especially with that number plate
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:59 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britishbees
A driver with the number plate 'RESPEC' who just pulls out of a parking slot into main traffic and does not even look - just downright rude and annoying - especially with that number plate
Have you ever noticed that drivers who do that often have big dents in their back bumpers ...

Weird, that - isn't it?
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Men who use the urinal right next to you when there are many that are free and not next to anyone. I can't tell if they have no concept of personal space or if they are trying to peek at my man-parts.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:08 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Anian
Men who use the urinal right next to you when there are many that are free and not next to anyone. I can't tell if they have no concept of personal space or if they are trying to peek at my man-parts.
It's like the people on the train in the middle of a 3 seat bench who don't move over when the person on the end gets off. I hate that shite.

I've long since given up on the idea of my personal space being respected in the bogs and I just piss in a cubicle now.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 9:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

I've long since given up on the idea of my personal space being respected in the bogs and I just piss in a cubicle now.
How restraint of you. I just piss in the sinks, they're never used anyway.

And for todays peeve....the girls being just slightly out of seasonal sync...getting old Bobette v1's old 9-12 month clothes out, being a spring baby, most of her spring/summer stuff fitted Bobette v2 a winter baby...unfortunately, winter clothes for the most don't fit, either too tall, potato head to big, or thunder thighs get in the way because of all the porking up she's being forced into.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 9:32 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I just use the ladies.

I wish they'd keep still though. Puts me right off my aim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.