Pet Peeves?

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Anian
All unavoidable taxes and fees should be included. Buying a ticket for anything is an endless list of unannounced fees. The worst are fees that don't make sense - parking my car near the airport they add on a daily fee for the living wage when the employee costs are fixed due to me only dropping off and picking up my car once - it doesn't cost them an extra $5 in employee wages when my car sits on the lot for an extra 5 days.
But they're paying their book keeper and office admin more, and security staff, and maintenance staff, which are all costs that your daily parking fee funds. If any of those services are contracted out, then the contractor will be paying more.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

My car is on a lot with a thousand other cars. It doesn't cost them an extra $1000 per day for the 2-3 security guards to get $2 per hour more. Admin and book keeping are fixed costs, that's where the the bulk of the living wage would make a difference, not in the daily charge.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:56 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

My car is on a lot with a thousand other cars. It doesn't cost them an extra $1000 per day for the 2-3 security guards to get $2 per hour more. Admin and book keeping are fixed costs, that's where the the bulk of the living wage would make a difference, not in the daily charge.
A business's income pays it's expenses; what's left over is profit.

When the expenses go up, a business will usually try to increase revenue if the increase in expenses can't be avoided, otherwise profit declines.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 11:22 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

.... The worst are fees that don't make sense - parking my car near the airport they add on a daily fee for the living wage when the employee costs are fixed due to me only dropping off and picking up my car once - it doesn't cost them an extra $5 in employee wages when my car sits on the lot for an extra 5 days.
This is why the husband & I always take the bus to the airport. Takes up to 45 more minutes if traffic is bad, but in the end cheaper and less hassle than finding & parking in one of the over-priced carparks.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 11:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always naffed off when you book tickets for shows/gigs etc and they charge you for the benefit of you printing the ticket off in your house with your ink, paper, printer and electricity.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 5:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Current road works where the missus works, both sides of the building. One side is now one way so we can't go that route and the other, they closed the road just before the building entrance, meaning having to go a block around in a circle to get to the other entrance. It'll be like that till November, apparently.

Also, road works in our town, with the main bridge being taken down, means it's such a pain getting across town.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:37 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Slow-reacting flies.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm always naffed off when you book tickets for shows/gigs etc and they charge you for the benefit of you printing the ticket off in your house with your ink, paper, printer and electricity.
I think they do it to encourage you to take the e-ticket. The concert I went to last night had an e-ticket, and the two concerts I have coming up both have-tickets too.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
Current road works where the missus works, both sides of the building. One side is now one way so we can't go that route and the other, they closed the road just before the building entrance, meaning having to go a block around in a circle to get to the other entrance. It'll be like that till November, apparently.

Also, road works in our town, with the main bridge being taken down, means it's such a pain getting across town.
Bridge replacement has become quite a thing in NC. Over the past eight or so years I think six bridges that I drive across daily or frequently have been replaced, and I know of several others in my area that have been replaced, though at less inconvenience to me.

They have been replacing bridges over one the interstates, and I recently counted four bridges that are currently closed and being demolished and replaced in just a ten mile stretch. It must be immensely annoying of you live in that area and need to regularly cross from one side to the other as it likely means a detour of miles. Thankfully I don't use any of those bridges and aren't impacted by the work.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I think they do it to encourage you to take the e-ticket. The concert I went to last night had an e-ticket, and the two concerts I have coming up both have-tickets too.
My experience has been, "convenience fee", covers the e-ticket because it's quicker than sending you a real ticket....and then won't work anyway.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 12:09 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Clothing stores that sell cuff links, but no French cuffed shirts...
Old Sep 1st 2017, 1:44 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Clothing stores that sell cuff links, but no French cuffed shirts...
Cufflinks? Since when did you get all fancy?
Old Sep 5th 2017, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

More layoffs, I think we are on the 3rd round of layoff this year. It's starting to get annoying.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 1:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Bicycle riders who think the laws don't apply to them. They do.

Being on a bike doesn't mean you have automatic right of way and can blow stop signs and red lights.

And bicycle riders who ride on the sidewalk and get pissy with pedestrian s.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 2:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Bicycle riders who think the laws don't apply to them. They do.

Being on a bike doesn't mean you have automatic right of way and can blow stop signs and red lights.

And bicycle riders who ride on the sidewalk and get pissy with pedestrian s.
Don't start me on this J.

Apart from running red lights...they jump on and off crossroads, pedestrian crossings etc at will. They also run the red bicycle lights. Here they ride at speed along the pedestrian tourist areas. They are a danger to pedestrians.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.