British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Pet Peeves? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/pet-peeves-733083/)

zargof Nov 3rd 2011 9:48 pm

Re: Pet Peeves?

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by nethead (Post 9713347)
Who knew Bob was an expert on womens lingerie and how it should be laundered or not :D

I thought it was obvious. Haven't you seen the pics of Bob...

scrubbedexpat097 Nov 3rd 2011 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 9713360)

:lol::lol:

cindyabs Nov 3rd 2011 9:50 pm

Who knew Bob was an expert on womens lingerie and how it should be laundered or not :D

Well I learned something about bras, and I've been wearing 'em longer than Bob's been alive.

I didn't know about the gel. :confused::o:blink:

Mallory Nov 3rd 2011 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 9713210)
I thought bras weren't supposed to go in the dryer??

I don't put any of my undies in the dryer, that's what a drying rack is for! If my hubby put my bra in the dryer, I would put it around his neck, and pull it extra tight! ;)

kimilseung Nov 3rd 2011 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mallory (Post 9713395)
I don't put any of my undies in the dryer, that's what a drying rack is for! If my hubby put my bra in the dryer, I would put it around his neck, and pull it extra tight! ;)

Otherwise known as a Super-Motorboat.

SultanOfSwing Nov 3rd 2011 10:12 pm

As long as her knockers were still in it, I'd not care if my wife did that. And I stick her bras in the dryer all the time. Must go tell her :sneaky:

robin1234 Nov 3rd 2011 10:25 pm

You're right .. maybe this should be renamed the "Pet Perves Thread" :sneaky::confused:

Juswus Nov 3rd 2011 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 9713360)

:rofl::rofl:

Bob Nov 3rd 2011 11:26 pm

Well, what one wears on the weekend and all that :lol:

Bob Nov 3rd 2011 11:32 pm

Just got the one bra then? :p

Who has the time waiting for that kind of crap to dry?

It's only lacy stuff that gets ruined and warped by a dryer, or the gel packs that leak out when the seems split because the adhesive glue dries out.

Pretty much anything else can go in the dryer, perhaps not fluffy, 100% wool jumpers, they tend to turn into afro's.

HarryTheSpider Nov 4th 2011 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9712722)
In that case you have a point, but I've seen them dumped in spaces two over from a corral, in a car park that has one every 10 or so spaces. Definitely no excuses there.

Ditto - and actually that is the one thing I missed out of my rant, and is the most peevish - blimey, I must have been really peeved.

Of course, you could always sell the kids on ebay - I think under the heading of 'soft furnishings' :p

SultanOfSwing Nov 4th 2011 2:07 pm

School buses. Why on earth do they have to stop at the end of every single street and hold us all up in the morning? God forbid anyone who wants to get to work on time :blink:. Can't people walk anywhere anymore? When I got the bus to school we stopped at normal bus stops on the town service route. Sometimes we had to walk a whole half mile - imagine! Of course, we had the wonderful invention of footpaths to facilitate this but most children and their parents are surely capable of walking a few streets over so the bus can pick them all up in one go, and move on to the next subdivision/neighbourhood/wherever, or am I being stupid?

Our buses didn't stop a line of cars stretching back five blocks either, but we didn't insult your children by assuming they were so stupid that they'd walk out into a main road, even though there are adults standing right with them ...

That feels better :D

robin1234 Nov 4th 2011 3:25 pm

People who write, underline, highlight in library books. GGRRRRR.. I'd rip their pancreases out of their arseholes without benefit of anaesthetic :curse::curse::curse:

nethead Nov 4th 2011 3:29 pm

Can openers! Why can't they open the whole way around the can, or at least most of the way around!! I think I've gone through 4 in the last couple of years, they either don't work or the fall apart.

kimilseung Nov 4th 2011 3:37 pm

Related to the school bus issue.

Parents who stand with their off-spring in little huddles, blocking the pavement, whilst waiting for the school bus.