Pet Peeves?

Old Jun 1st 2015, 9:08 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

When you pick your car up from the garage and they've buggered about with the radio settings... leaving it on a country station.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
When you pick your car up from the garage and they've buggered about with the radio settings... leaving it on a country station.
Reminds me of two peeves ...
1) Picking up the car and finding they turned the headlights away from 'auto' ... due to the fact that now, car interiors have lighted dash instruments all the time, you don't notice that the headlights aren't on.

2) Staying at a hotel and finding that the previous occupant, or someone else, has set the alarm clock to 5am or something hideous ...
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 1:58 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Reminds me of two peeves ...
1) Picking up the car and finding they turned the headlights away from 'auto' ... due to the fact that now, car interiors have lighted dash instruments all the time, you don't notice that the headlights aren't on.

2) Staying at a hotel and finding that the previous occupant, or someone else, has set the alarm clock to 5am or something hideous ...
Both of those things sound like they were done deliberately to **** with the driver of the car, and the next guest in the hotel room.

I might actually do the second one next time I'm on holiday
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 2:01 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

We were in a hotel last year and the friggin coffee machine started doing its stuff at about 3 in the morning... my jetlagged sleep befuddled brain identified it as an asthmatic tiger......so I let the wife deal with it...
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 2:02 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
We were in a hotel last year and the friggin coffee machine started doing its stuff at about 3 in the morning... my jetlagged sleep befuddled brain identified it as an asthmatic tiger......so I let the wife deal with it...
Well played.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:15 pm

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Use of the term 'flavorful'.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:18 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Use of the term 'flavorful'.
That is not a sodding word.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek
That is not a sodding word.
I tried to avoid awarding it the distinction of being called a 'word'.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 11:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

If I'm bored and on a trip, I randomly call for a 3am wake up call and give a random room number.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 2:38 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Bob
If I'm bored and on a trip, I randomly call for a 3am wake up call and give a random room number.
That's a good one too ...
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

You can't use your room phone though, they know exactly which room is calling and will just apply it to you.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 8:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
You can't use your room phone though, they know exactly which room is calling and will just apply it to you.
Phone in the hall way...there's usually one around...
Old Jun 4th 2015, 12:05 am

When you're driving along a two lane road that merges into one lane, nothing but open space behind you... but the dipstick next to you whose lane is running out absolutely insists on squeezing into the non-space between you and the vehicle in front.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

When you're driving along a two lane road that merges into one lane, nothing but open space behind you... but the dipstick next to you whose lane is running out absolutely insists on squeezing into the non-space between you and the vehicle in front.
That way they "win" I suppose. Sort of like the person who races you towards the next red light. Take your time and you can go through when it turns green and they get stuck behind.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 3:51 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Phone in the hall way...there's usually one around...
Remember when phones were only ever in the hallway? Or at the bottom of the stairs near the front door?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.