Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Montfan72
People that drive everywhere, literally everywhere! For example I walk my kids the 200 yards down to the bus-stop in rain, snow etc. I figure it gives them a little fresh air and exercise before school. Every other Mum in the neighborhood drives their kid down their driveway and has their kid sit in the car until the bus comes along. They're making me look like a hardcore nutter because we walk 200 yards to the bus stop in all weathers. Maybe they're jealous of my massive umbrella...
That drives me mad too. One woman even had the gall to complain about being told to stop parking there because she was parked right on the corner in a fire lane. Even in nice weather they do it. Seriously, can't you walk 100 yards on flat ground in 70F weather? It sounds like the HOA is getting involved because it's pretty dangerous for the kids when there are so many cars driving around or blocking views while the kids get off the bus.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:07 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Banks that constantly ask me to reset my security questions, and then offer choices that are appropriate to people who are from the US and are 20 or 30 years younger than me. For instance..
What is the first name of the person you attended the high school prom with?
What is your favorite song?
What was your major in college?
What was the name of your school bus driver in fourth grade?
(etc.)
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:28 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Banks that constantly ask me to reset my security questions, and then offer choices that are appropriate to people who are from the US and are 20 or 30 years younger than me. For instance..
What is the first name of the person you attended the high school prom with?
What is your favorite song?
What was your major in college?
What was the name of your school bus driver in fourth grade?
(etc.)
It's pretty easy, you just give them the same answer to each question.
Smith.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Seeing people fighting over parking spaces that are closest to the gym entrance. Somehow the whole point of going to gym seems moot.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

People taking up the entire pavement space so you can't get by.

Slow walking people.

The two combined and I almost popped a nut this afternoon.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
People taking up the entire pavement space so you can't get by.

Slow walking people.
Ah yes ... people who have all day to get nowhere ...
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BILDER
Seeing people fighting over parking spaces that are closest to the gym entrance. Somehow the whole point of going to gym seems moot.
Not a peeve but I always wondered WTF people are doing walking on treadmills in the gym when it's 70 something degrees and lovely and sunny out ??

"Outside" is too scary for most So Cal inhabitants I think.

Last edited by Englishman43; Oct 7th 2011 at 7:59 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

People who get their knickers in a knot about the most ridiculously unimportant stuff. Has anyone died? No? Then seriously, does it fricking matter?

Being in a really shitty mood over something I can't control. It's pissing me off hugely.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Shit restaurant service....shit restaurants.... expectancy of a tip...
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:23 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
Ah yes ... people who have all day to get nowhere ...
on the road we call 'em Sunday drivers,
Old Oct 8th 2011, 6:44 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Shit restaurant service....shit restaurants.... expectancy of a tip...
... Shit food?
Old Oct 8th 2011, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
My friend found a big ass gecko in hers AFTER the washing was done. It was alive but disoriented. Get this though - its tail was broken off! She never found the tail.

Nothing like that would have ever happened with a front loader.

That's right
When we had our front loader a bloody Possum got in it, and we all know how totally EVIL and GROSS possums are.

Top loaders are safe from evil possums even if they do mutilate Geckos
Old Oct 8th 2011, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Talking of, in a similar vein.

Seeing a row of motorbikes parking in a row of parking spaces, one each...why can't they pair up and fill one spot? Arseholes.

Well unless we are riding with another biker I really wouldn't want some one else sharing a parking space with our bike. There are plenty of numpty bike riders out there that when parking would knock the bike over...

Hey...thinking about it though why should we share?

Don't piss me off Bob
Old Oct 9th 2011, 12:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Well unless we are riding with another biker I really wouldn't want some one else sharing a parking space with our bike. There are plenty of numpty bike riders out there that when parking would knock the bike over...

Hey...thinking about it though why should we share?

Don't piss me off Bob
Well if you're on your own, that's fine...but it's when there are groups of bikers, on a group ride and the all take one spot each....

Fine if the place isn't busy, but it's well annoying when it's some holiday weekend at some sight and the place is busy....

So tempting to just go push them bikes over.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 4:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Finding white clothes in the colour laundry bin and vice-versa.

Dirty clothes not in the laundry bin.

Finding a plate or glass, just after starting the dish washer.

Going around and sliding up the screens and pulling down the storm windows at the end of summer....they just get so minging...and it's as bad switching them back for summer...they never just slide down the rails without a major battle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.