Pet Peeves?

Old Mar 6th 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I said you could easily regain your status..

...but I agree with cindy, you are much more of a goober..

Unconscious competence rules!!
Old Mar 6th 2012, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Mostly harmless, perchance?
Old Mar 6th 2012, 10:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I keep threatening to shave my daughter's head if I find any more of the bloody things around.
My daughter would rush off to get the shaver before I finished speaking!
Old Mar 7th 2012, 1:12 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Mostly harmless, perchance?
translated, yes. But don't push your luck bucko.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

MadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StephieFaith83
My main one right now is being asked where I'm from 30 times a day. I work in a Grocery Store. Most of the people are just genuinely happy to be talking to an English person. Then there are the ones that overstep the boundaries. It goes a little something like this...

Person: Where are you from?
Me: England
Person: How long have you lived in the US?
Me: This will be my third year
Person: What are you doing here? Are you a student?
Me: No, my husband is from here
Person: How did you meet your husband?

And at this point I start to seethe a little inside.
^^^^ This. I had a conversation last week with a receptionist. It went like this:

Receptionist: What part of Ireland are you from?
Me: I'm not Irish, I'm Scottish.
Receptionist: You must be, that's an Irish accent!
Me: No it isn't, it's Scottish.
Receptionist: Oh it is, I know my accents!

At which point I walked away. Stupid woman cost her company money too, as I took my business elsewhere.

Today's specific pet peeve though is with Comcast. After discovering they been charging us for months for a modem we don't rent from them, the first idiot on the phone wanted me to unplug MY modem, and take it along with the receipt for its purchase (god knows where that is) to the Comcast shop (which is 20-odd miles away) to prove we don't rent it from them! Thankfully, I then asked her to do something really difficult and was actually put through to someone who seemed to know what they were talking about!
Old Mar 7th 2012, 1:53 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MadRad
Today's specific pet peeve though is with Comcast. After discovering they been charging us for months for a modem we don't rent from them, the first idiot on the phone wanted me to unplug MY modem, and take it along with the receipt for its purchase (god knows where that is) to the Comcast shop (which is 20-odd miles away) to prove we don't rent it from them! Thankfully, I then asked her to do something really difficult and was actually put through to someone who seemed to know what they were talking about!
Realizing I have been paying for a few years for a simple crappy modem, I plan on buying one and dropping the rental. I looked online about returning it and I see your experience is far from uncommon, it is unbelievable that they want receipts and the like, and do not seem to know their own equipment.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Realizing I have been paying for a few years for a simple crappy modem, I plan on buying one and dropping the rental. I looked online about returning it and I see your experience is far from uncommon, it is unbelievable that they want receipts and the like, and do not seem to know their own equipment.
When we cancelled our Charter TV service because it was so bad, they gave us 2 locations to return the box to, both of which had disappeared, leaving us driving around, stopping in nearby offices to try to ask if anyone knew where they'd gone etc. Eventually came home with it and somebody arrived a few days later to pick it up, this appeared to be totally unrelated and I got the strong impression that it was lucky we hadn't dropped it off anywhere or they would have charged us for it.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MadRad
^^^^ This. I had a conversation last week with a receptionist. It went like this:

Receptionist: What part of Ireland are you from?
Me: I'm not Irish, I'm Scottish.
Receptionist: You must be, that's an Irish accent!
Me: No it isn't, it's Scottish.
Receptionist: Oh it is, I know my accents!
Yesterday...
Patient "Where are the toilets?"
Me "Just go down the hall to the door marked 3/4 and turn left."
Patient "Oh, that's a Scottish accent if I ever heard one"
Me "Um, no it's not. I'm Canadian. I've been mistaken for Irish, American and occasionally English, but never Scottish."
Patient "Are you sure? You sure sound Scottish to me"
Me "Pretty sure since I was born in Canada and spent the first 43 years of my life there. I've actually only spent 3 days in UK and that was in London last year"
Patient "Well, I still think you're Scottish but just don't know it"

Me
Old Mar 7th 2012, 3:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
They know damn bloody quickly when you don't return their rental when you cancel your service though.

They scan the serial number barcode and it's linked to your Comcast account...basically all the gear you have from them, they need to scan on return so that you don't get a bill for a new replacement and that includes the remote for the DVR. The only thing you get away with is the HDMI cable they give you for upgrading to HD service, if you asked them for a cable.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:46 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yesterday...
Patient "Where are the toilets?"
Me "Just go down the hall to the door marked 3/4 and turn left."
Patient "Oh, that's a Scottish accent if I ever heard one"
Me "Um, no it's not. I'm Canadian. I've been mistaken for Irish, American and occasionally English, but never Scottish."
Patient "Are you sure? You sure sound Scottish to me"
Me "Pretty sure since I was born in Canada and spent the first 43 years of my life there. I've actually only spent 3 days in UK and that was in London last year"
Patient "Well, I still think you're Scottish but just don't know it"

Me
So you didn't want to be mistaken for a Scot? I understand.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:48 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
So you didn't want to be mistaken for a Scot? I understand.
Jock or canuck ... talk about the lesser of two evils.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:49 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
Och aye, eh.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 8:11 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
We could have a poll on that. Funny how the two countries are joined on North of the decent bit.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 8:17 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
We could have a poll on that. Funny how the two countries are joined on North of the decent bit.
Brain freeze could explain a lot, for sure.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

MadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
They know damn bloody quickly when you don't return their rental when you cancel your service though.

They scan the serial number barcode and it's linked to your Comcast account...basically all the gear you have from them, they need to scan on return so that you don't get a bill for a new replacement and that includes the remote for the DVR. The only thing you get away with is the HDMI cable they give you for upgrading to HD service, if you asked them for a cable.
How true. When we left our rental, we cancelled the account and were told to return some box or other. Which I did. After waiting in a ridiculous queue (think of a British post office queue circa 1980, with about 20 service points but only 2 people serving and you get the picture, and patrolled by a man whose entire job was to yell out the registration numbers of the cars currently being towed away) the officious wifey proceeded to harangue me because i hadn't returned some other bit that we didn't know we were supposed to. Comcast had come in and done some upgrade, but added on a bit of equipment and attached it to our account and failed to tell us. She yelled at me that I'd just have to go and get it RIGHT NOW or I would be charged IMMEDIATELY. Given that the rental place was approximately 150 miles away that would be a challenge. Fortunately our former landlord was a decent guy and he sorted it out with the local Comcast agent.

The most recent debacle was made all the more laughable by the fact they insisted on spouting all the 'Comcast is the home of customer satisfaction' crap at the end of the call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.