Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Patient in Dallas confirmed to have Ebola.

Patient in Dallas confirmed to have Ebola.

Old Nov 1st 2014, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patient in Dallas confirmed to have Ebola.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Ebola Jihad? Clever way to consolidate all that foreigner-fear into one easy package.
It seems that Breitbart always gets the inside scoop that no one else can. I guess Reuters, the BBC, CNN, ABC, the Telegraph, the NY Times, the Washington Post, CBC, Le Monde, Der Spiegel, and even FOX News have had too many job cuts to find out what is really going on.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
It seems that Breitbart always gets the inside scoop that no one else can. I guess Reuters, the BBC, CNN, ABC, the Telegraph, the NY Times, the Washington Post, CBC, Le Monde, Der Spiegel, and even FOX News have had too many job cuts to find out what is really going on.
That is the only explanation.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

That is the only logical explanation.
FIFY
Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That is the only explanation.
Besides Breitbart, the Weekly World New also seems to get scoops.
Attached Thumbnails Patient in Dallas confirmed to have Ebola.-weekly_world_news_-_cover_art_4800.jpg   Patient in Dallas confirmed to have Ebola.-weekly-world-news.jpg   Patient in Dallas confirmed to have Ebola.-cover_bf_love-slave.jpg  
Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
That's alright then, it hasn't happened before so we needn't bother about the future. This outbreak is one of the worse, if not the worse, there has been. I would much rather we take some over the top precautions, than have to deal with an outbreak here. Knowing I had to spend three weeks in quarantine when I got back wouldn't stop me going. You just plan for it.
You're right, this is by far the worst outbreak

Right now there are approximately 30 people talking care of a patient with active ebola in NYC. They are riding the subway, going about their lives and going home to their families. What over the top precautions do you propose for them?
Old Nov 1st 2014, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought CNN sacked their investigator journalists.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Besides Breitbart, the Weekly World New also seems to get scoops.
I think my head could explode in the barber's chair if I keep going into the UKIP thread.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think my head could explode in the barber's chair if I keep going into the UKIP thread.
If that should happen, have a camera ready to take pictures and then your husband can sell them to Breitbart and they can say your head exploded because Obama couldn't ban ISIS from putting a Ebola weapon in your mouth or sell them to Weekly World News and they can say your head exploded while being impregnated by an alien.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If that should happen, have a camera ready to take pictures and then your husband can sell them to Breitbart and they can say your head exploded because Obama couldn't ban ISIS from putting a Ebola weapon in your mouth or sell them to Weekly World News and they can say your head exploded while being impregnated by an alien.
Bigfoot. Get your facts right
Old Nov 1st 2014, 5:59 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Well Milwaukie Oregon is just a suburb of Portland surrounded by other suburbs. Not too remote.
Sorry Lansbury, a fine suburb it is, I actually have a friend who lives there
Brings a whole new meaning to Stop Portland Creep.
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm still concerned about the quarantine imposed by states. California now has set up it's quarantine program when a doctor returned from treating Ebola patients in West Africa. Although he is in house confinement with limited outside activities and is sort voluntary, the CDC allowed him to stay in the same hotel in NY as the CDC and allowed him to fly to California. If the state of California and the CDC are concerned, why did they do that?

In his case, it probably won't make much of a difference since he likely took unpaid leave from Sanford University and will be paid while quarantined but for medical workers such nurses, the financial hardship may be too high if they don't get paid for any thing. Also hospitals may start to limit the number of staff that they allow to go to West Africa due to the higher cost. If the states and/or federal government are going to quarantine medical personnel, then they should pick up the wages when quarantined if they aren't paid by the hospital.

I'm not going to second guess the need for the quarantine (hopefully it's not political) but with quarantine policies in place, the government should come up with money to guarantee that expenses will be paid if a medical person is quarantined. If medical personal are treated badly, the whole thing that the CDC is trying to do will likely fall apart.

Bay Area Doctor Who Treated Dying Ebola Patients On Modified Isolation « KRON4 – San Francisco Bay Area News
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 1:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you expect in a Republican stronghold?
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
What do you expect in a Republican stronghold?
If someone wrote a book today called "Profiles in Courage", they'd have a problem filling one page for both parties.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 6:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

My GF works in an office where one of the co-workers went to West Africa region (none of the hot regions however for Ebola.) and sick calls have increased since his return this week, but they have not asked him to stop coming in and he works as per usual.

I mention Africa to someone, and they seem to have no clue its a huge continent with many countries and only certain regions of high risk.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Today I wondered what was going on with the possible Ebola case in Oregon since I hadn't heard any news on TV or seen anything on the internet. After a bunch of different searches I finally found the only article concerning that case from the Portland NBC TV station dated November 2.

Ebola ruled out for patient in Milwaukie hospital

Prior to November 2, there was 24/7 coverage about the patient but apparently when the news networks found out the patient didn't have Ebola, that wasn't news.

Last edited by Michael; Nov 11th 2014 at 5:12 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.