Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Ozzy Osbourne to relocate from Los Angeles to the UK

Ozzy Osbourne to relocate from Los Angeles to the UK

Old Sep 2nd 2022, 10:23 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ozzy Osbourne to relocate from Los Angeles to the UK

Originally Posted by excpomea
I doubt that will affect him personally
In all honesty, I doubt drive by shootings and most gun crimes affect him personally either. America has its problems with gun crimes but almost no place on our planet is free from gun violence. Even back home look at all the firearms taken off criminals despite the bans of guns. I love Ozzy and his music but his choice of abodes will have little affect on American gun crime statistics.
Old Sep 4th 2022, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Well, he does have a point as although the murder rate is probably rising in the UK, it's nowhere near as bad as in the US.

In 2018 which is the nearest year I could find comparable data for, the US had 16,214 murders which is an average of 4.96 per 100,000 of the population compared to 809 murders an average of 1.20 per 100,000 of the population for the UK By 2020, the number in the US had risen to 6.93, resulting in 20,982 murders. The Daily Mail tends to dwell on violent crime which gives a worse perception of the situation. They had an article recently where they claimed London had become completely lawless and there might be truth there somewhere. I decided to compare my nearest Metro city, Austin which only has a population of 1,028,225 to London. Austin had 43 murders up to the end of July compared to 57 in London, which has an estimated population of 9,541,000.
I can think of more reasons to leave than the murder rate but neither country is great, let's be honest. Both have their pros and cons. There are plenty of countries with worse records, mostly poorer than both the USA and UK. I wouldn't to be in El Salvaldor (61.7), Honduras (41.0) or Venezuela (49.9) figures from 2017.
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 2:39 pm
Banned

Street Boss is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm afraid he'll spend the rest of his days in bed looking out the window at horribly dreary weather and watching awful TV. Once you've had palm trees and pools, it's hard to go back full time-
Old Jan 14th 2023, 8:36 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Ozzy changed his mind. Is not going back to UK. Seems he prefers Cali.
Old Jan 14th 2023, 9:08 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Ozzy changed his mind. Is not going back to UK. Seems he prefers Cali.
His missus said she was going back about a week ago. She is upset that she has been cancelled in the US after defending that Daily Mirror TV host whose name I cant remember.
This was top after a search
Old Jan 15th 2023, 10:20 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
His missus said she was going back about a week ago. She is upset that she has been cancelled in the US after defending that Daily Mirror TV host whose name I cant remember.
This was top after a search
She was in the ER a few weeks ago in Cali. She is working on some kind of movie there.